(NE) Dice Roller

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2018 at 4:03 AM, Nathan Explosion said:

Yes, it does. You might want to hold off on purchasing for a short while, as I've got a new version on the way soon which adds a chunk of functionality to it.

The mod page says it was updated in november. Sweet! Does this include the use of mt_rand function? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Notice regarding IPS 4.4.0 beta 4

This plugin has been tested against IPS 4.4.0 beta 4 and works as expected. If you decide to update to IPS 4.4.0 beta 4 and find a bug with this plugin then please feel free to report it here but do not expect a fix for the bug until IPS 4.4.0 has exited the beta/release candidate process and has been fully released.

Regarding 'version 2'

As mentioned previously, development work is ongoing on the next major version of this plugin. I'm taking the upcoming 4.4 release as an opportunity to re-do some of the database work involved in storing the dice usage and rolls in their own database tables instead of piggy-backing on forums_topics and forums_posts, and this requires a little bit of re-working of code (the good news is that there ends up being less code woohoo!!!)

Once that new version is done, it will be released - am looking forward to seeing how the new features are adopted on the sites which currently use the plugin.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 1:11 AM, supernal said:

Don’t want to spoil anything but any chance version two will support multiple dice rolling like 2d6?

It does indeed 😉

Am working on ironing out some issues that are popping up as a result of the upgrade process, which converts the old content over to dedicated SQL tables - need to make sure I get this right, otherwise it will result in loss of data about old games.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, sorry....it appears I misread your previous post (blame my glasses, need some new ones)

I read this "support multiple dice rolling like 2d6? " as "support multiple dice of the same type" (Example: 1-6,1-6.1-6,1-6,1-6, as used in Yahtzee)

Could you explain what you mean by '2d6'? I'm not a dice player myself, so no idea what it means.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
11 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Ah, sorry....it appears I misread your previous post (blame my glasses, need some new ones)

I read this "support multiple dice rolling like 2d6? " as "support multiple dice of the same type" (Example: 1-6,1-6.1-6,1-6,1-6, as used in Yahtzee)

Could you explain what you mean by '2d6'? I'm not a dice player myself, so no idea what it means.

Sure!

Just like this basically: https://rollthedice.online/en/dice/2d6

Roll X number of Y dice and then add them up. May not be possible with the way this mod works but it sure would have been / could be neat! We have a "conflict resolution" system for our game right now that in an ideal world would be able to use 2d6 because of the statistical distribution, but for the moment we're using 1d12 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/18/2019 at 3:00 AM, supernal said:

Am on 4.4.6 and the plugin is functional

Thanks for that - missed the notification on the question.

All - I'm going to be releasing a new version of this plugin 'soon'. Been working on it for a long time, and just recently got back to it after having to take a break from development (the joys of glasses!!)....but the wait will be worth it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Ah, the plugin which started it all...

Hello all - it's been quite a while since I have been on here but I am finding my way back in to the wild now. I've had some issues with my eyes which has severely impacted my ability to do pretty much anything screen related but we've got this under control over the last few months and I've recently been given the OK to get back to my proper day job (I work in IT) as long as I take proper rests instead of ignoring what my head is telling me it needs.

Just want to update on what I've now got planned for this plugin - it's been so long since I've been able to look at it that I've kinda forgotten how it works, and where I was with the planned v2. As a result, I am going to do is convert it to an application and start from the ground up - get it working, build in a migration feature from the plugin to the application, and get it out to you guys to get back to having some dice to play with (my wife has recently started getting into this stuff, and it's interesting finally seeing how it all works in a live setting)

On 4/11/2020 at 6:02 PM, Tripp★ said:

@Nathan Explosion: Does this support clubs, and if not can it support clubs in Version 2? I've just purchased. 🙂

I don't believe it does, but I'll make sure to add it in to the application version once I get back in to it.

Welcome back Nathan! I'm glad to read that you're doing better. 🙂

I have a suggestion if I can; can the users select what kind of dice is being thrown? For example D4, D6, D8, D10, D12, D20? And how many of them are being thrown? Because when we tried it out, it seemed that the dice were pretty much all but hard coded (I think they could be modified from the ACP), it threw a bunch of dice that was Admin defined and didn't really make much sense to the user side of it, at least from what I got from feedback. 

Roll20 has a similar system:

image.png.156cb6a036c4916de726bb73df5ce174.png

Anyway, I will look forward to seeing what version 2 looks like when it comes out! I wish you luck with it, and I also wish you good health. Take care. 🙂

• 2 months later...