(NE) Dice Roller

This is an amazing plugin! Is this inspired by @Insydius? I saw their original topic and wondered if you'd made this plugin for them! Lol. Am glad it's on the marketplace. A few RPG forum owners have asked me if there is an IPS plugin for this and now I can direct them here!

Can I post a review without purchasing? My coadmin buys our add-ons see, and we might get this just for fun lol

• 1 month later...

I'm currently working on version 1.1 of this plugin - this new version will allow the admin to put multiple dice ranges in place, thus allowing different games to be created. Currently the plugin only allows one set of dice ranges only, so is limited to that.

I've also spotted a bug with the use of 2 (or more) dice of the same type resulting in only one of those appearing in the result. Example: 1-2,1-6,1-8 will result in 3 dice rolling. But 1-6, 1-6, 1-6 will result in only 1 dice rolling. This will be fixed in version 1.1 too.

49 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

I'm currently working on version 1.1 of this plugin - this new version will allow the admin to put multiple dice ranges in place, thus allowing different games to be created. Currently the plugin only allows one set of dice ranges only, so is limited to that.

I've also spotted a bug with the use of 2 (or more) dice of the same type resulting in only one of those appearing in the result. Example: 1-2,1-6,1-8 will result in 3 dice rolling. But 1-6, 1-6, 1-6 will result in only 1 dice rolling. This will be fixed in version 1.1 too.

Nice job, looking forward to it.

• 1 month later...
On 22.10.2017 at 6:20 AM, Nathan Explosion said:

yep, would be great, if the plugin will support the same Dice ranges, like: 1-15, 1-15, 1-15 etc. Currently it's not supported, and instead of all the same ranges only one of them will be appearing. This moment I've noticed, once the plugin was installed :) 

On 22.10.2017 at 6:20 AM, Nathan Explosion said:

I've also spotted a bug with the use of 2 (or more) dice of the same type resulting in only one of those appearing in the result. Example: 1-2,1-6,1-8 will result in 3 dice rolling. But 1-6, 1-6, 1-6 will result in only 1 dice rolling.

Yes, this bug exists by me as well. Not always, but frequently.

• 2 weeks later...

its not working for me at all changed a few items nothing  yet hope to get it working 

is it possible i have so much in my posts already points tips content ratings that it just not finding the room to operate?

http://seattleartcolony.com

looking up i got a dice

well i got ONE die going cant get more than one yet not sure the syntax perhaps for the dice

1-12,1-12,1-12

seems i only get one die

but ok

Edited by Donald Meek
2 hours ago, Donald Meek said:

ooking up i got a dice

well i got ONE die going cant get more than one yet not sure the syntax perhaps for the dice

1-12,1-12,1-12

seems i only get one die

but ok

As already noted....that is a bug that will be fixed in the next version, which is now my next target for release.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
On 10/21/2017 at 3:20 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

ahh cool thanks with 1-97,1-98,1-99 I GOT THREE DICE NOW yippie t5hanks

• 4 months later...

Sorry I should have clarified this in the first post: the way it behaves on my board the plugin doesn't crash immediately after the install. It actually works for a while (let's say for an average 20 min) and then suddenly stops to function properly. The crash itself doesn't cause the options or buttons to vanish. Only the dices embedded in the posts disappear. 

4 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

everything works fine for a short while, then the topic stops displaying the dice?

Yes. Speaking of good choice of words, I can't really say "short while" anymore since this time it's been working for at least 3 hours. What I can say for sure now (I just verified), is that the topic stops displaying the dice every time I use the support tool (and therefore clear the cache). Not sure if that's  the only cause tho'.  

To solve this I'm forced to uninstall the plugin and then reupload it (uploading the same version as a "new one" doesn't help).

Edited by Shiyo

Thanks - next time it happens, don't perform the workaround you are performing please. Please note what actions you have taken prior to the issue being observed and send those details to me along with your site details and login credentials to your ACP, so that I can take a closer look.

Your issue is not reproducible at all here.

• 4 months later...
On 9/13/2018 at 4:03 AM, Nathan Explosion said:

Yes, it does. You might want to hold off on purchasing for a short while, as I've got a new version on the way soon which adds a chunk of functionality to it.

Thanks for the quick response and heads up! I'm definitely interested in purchasing, as we need this for our roleplaying site. Do you have a general idea when the new version will be available?

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Not seeing any issue my side so can you provide me with a link to your site, and ACP access (need to be able to see Plugins and also access SQL toolbox to check the database) so that I can take a closer look.

It seems to be working now! 🙂 Thank you for taking a look.