Quick Topic - Supporttopic

Fosters

Looks good! I have a major problem on my board with people preferring to bump very old topics instead of posting new ones. There are also others that don't even know how to post a new topic. Not to mention that many are used to facebook and are confused by forums, this seems to nicely copy the FB behaviour. I will be purchasing it most probably!

On your site the demo does not load the editor and I can't try to see how it works. Is the top field for the topic title and the editor for the content?

14 minutes ago, jair101 said:

On your site the demo does not load the editor and I can't try to see how it works. Is the top field for the topic title and the editor for the content?

Works fine for me:(

What browser are you using? Do you see any errors in the console?

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-31 um 20.07.56.png

10 minutes ago, jair101 said:

Another question - is it possible to disable it for certain forums? I do actually have a forum with some custom data fields from the Automation Rules app, probably this one won't play well with it.

It's disabled by default and it will only appear if you set up the questions/title phrases for a forum :)

Initial impression - simple (in a good way!) and effective. One suggestion though, is it possible to disable the "Start new topic" button where the app is enabled? By instinct, when I filled in the form I clicked this button instead of "Save" and I can imagine some users will be confused as well.

image.thumb.png.f4bad114df675de2c9e088dd0ceeb590.png

On 15.9.2017 at 3:55 PM, jair101 said:

If you include , symbol (comma) it splits the quick topic title. Can you please fix this? I want my quick topic to be title to be: "Ask a question, share a plan or share an experience"

Right now it breaks right after Ask a question.

Nice catch, fixed for the next version.

On 15.9.2017 at 3:55 PM, jair101 said:

If you include , symbol (comma) it splits the quick topic title. Can you please fix this? I want my quick topic to be title to be: "Ask a question, share a plan or share an experience"

Right now it breaks right after Ask a question.

Released :)
Took longer than expected, but we had to test this extremely to ensure that the upgrade step works and that no existing configuration gets broken while the upgrade.

8 hours ago, SammyS said:

Just installed, looks great

One suggestion: on mobile version, only 45 characters are visible, the rest remain hidden. There should be a larger "box" so users can read larger questions

Thanks. I have fixes this for the next Release 

Actually, not sure about this one. My first attempt didn't work and I can't see how to fix this properly. Will revert my change and keep an open bugreport for this till i find a solution.

• 2 months later...
On 23/9/2017 at 7:10 AM, Fosters said:

Thanks. I have fixes this for the next Release 

Actually, not sure about this one. My first attempt didn't work and I can't see how to fix this properly. Will revert my change and keep an open bugreport for this till i find a solution.

Any news about this little problem?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/1/2018 at 4:47 PM, Serayah said:

does this work in fluid view? thanks

Unfortunattly not. The problem is that the questions/titles are saved for each forum separate, so we can't show the proper question when fluid view is used and there would also need to be a second form field where the people would need to select the forum where the topic should be created.
So as you see... it wouldn't be "quick":D anymore, but it could still work for some clients of this app:)
I could probably add a new setting for fluid view. I have added this idea to our bug & suggestion tracker:)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived