Why doesn't the record feed block match the record listing?

socceronly

All I want is Title & Teaser, I can live without the record image thumbnail.   But the stock one doesn't even do that.   It puts the profile pic in for some totally bizarre reason.

I think I just have to give up on using this as a CMS.   Why build an amazing block layout system and then list articles like that in blocks.  It truly makes no sense. 

What mental process lets you make a listing view for a database, then the block for that same view look the way it does.

I bought your plug in, but I think I will just cave in to the constraints of the system. ..... who needs content discovery on their front page? 

I would really like a technical answer as to who thought it was a good idea to ram the listing view and the content view into the same page/template.

To my knowledge, nothing works this way.

5 hours ago, opentype said:

Thanks again for this. 

I just bought it, but I am curious if it's possible to use the supergrid block for the home page, but leave the listing view as standard on the list view of the database page.

The install instructions seem to over write the existing templates rather than being selectable.  

6 minutes ago, socceronly said:

Thanks again for this. 

I just bought it, but I am curious if it's possible to use the supergrid block for the home page, but leave the listing view as standard on the list view of the database page.

Sure. The templates are assigned manually per view type per database. You can also keep the IPS stock templates for certain areas if you like.

Archived