Ban Users From Topics

Faqole

new setting on each topic to ban users from view that topic

1# instead ban from viewing, maybe ban users from commenting on / responding to a topic might be more useful? This handling would allow a banned user to know the topic contents and start another, new topic for communicating different opinion...

2# maybe a feature, that the selected user groups PLUS the topic author (maybe must be part of another preselected user group on top?) can use the "ban user" action?

Only ideas that suddenly came up in my mind, as my mods asked about such a tool in the past. Currently I don't require such a plugin, but wanted to communicate the ideas.

Anyway, thanks for the contribution to the marketplace!

31 minutes ago, ProSkill said:

Is there a way to replace "ban" with "No Access" or "You must upgrade to see this" ? This could be a useful feature for sites that work off a premium membership model, but the word "ban" sounds punitive.

if it wording want change can change words within Admin CP using languages area.

47 minutes ago, ProSkill said:

Is there a way to replace "ban" with "No Access" or "You must upgrade to see this" ? This could be a useful feature for sites that work off a premium membership model, but the word "ban" sounds punitive.

You can change the wording to suit your needs as mentioned above.. 

5 hours ago, Cyboman said:

1# instead ban from viewing, maybe ban users from commenting on / responding to a topic might be more useful? This handling would allow a banned user to know the topic contents and start another, new topic for communicating different opinion...

2# maybe a feature, that the selected user groups PLUS the topic author (maybe must be part of another preselected user group on top?) can use the "ban user" action?

Only ideas that suddenly came up in my mind, as my mods asked about such a tool in the past. Currently I don't require such a plugin, but wanted to communicate the ideas.

Thank you for your suggestions sir. I will keep them in mind. 

• 5 months later...
8 hours ago, ProSkill said:

Can you "Ban" groups with this or only individual users?

Only individual users can be banned. 

4 hours ago, Stormlilly said:

I too would like to see the option for members to be limited in "posting" to the thread but still have viewing permissions.

Thanks for your plugin.  I plan to purchase it.

This is a good idea. I will see what I can do about either including that option in this add on or develop a new add on for it. However no promisses as to when as I am already working on other projects right now and I do not have much free time.

Thank you for your purchase btw :)

10 hours ago, Stormlilly said:

BTW, sorry if this has already been asked but will it be 4.2 ready?

Yes sir, it will. As soon as Ipb 4.2. reches the stable phase, I will make sure that all my plugins and apps will work with it.

• 2 months later...
On 10-2-2017 at 4:37 PM, Cyboman said:

On 18-7-2017 at 6:51 AM, Stormlilly said:

I too would like to see the option for members to be limited in "posting" to the thread but still have viewing permissions.

Thanks for your plugin.  I plan to purchase it.

I have just released a plugin that will ban users from replying/commenting to topics. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived