Force guests to click on ad to access files in IP.Downloads

Ibragim Pupkevich

Hi guys,

I have a lot of daily registrations (~400/day). In fact these people register just to download some files from Downloads app.

I don't need them and I don't want to abuse them anymore to sign up just to access downloads. 

How do you think, is it possible to force guests click on ad (AdSense for example) to continue and download desired file only after click on ad?

I don't want to make downloads 100% free of charge, because in the very end it's huge traffic and I have to pay for powerful server with good bandwidth.

Thx.

2 hours ago, Ibragim Pupkevich said:

Hi guys,

I have a lot of daily registrations (~400/day). In fact these people register just to download some files from Downloads app.

I don't need them and I don't want to abuse them anymore to sign up just to access downloads. 

How do you think, is it possible to force guests click on ad (AdSense for example) to continue and download desired file only after click on ad?

I don't want to make downloads 100% free of charge, because in the very end it's huge traffic and I have to pay for powerful server with good bandwidth.

Thx.

no sure that will work have thought about adding setting to post x amount topics before downloading ? and reduce amount per day as believe above will still not stop theme 100% nor will this but will limit lot isssues.

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

I personally not recommend that. Did this on my board and had tons of useless posts during one week, so I reverted it.

yeah that why add mod function to topic :) but yeah no really best way deal people want signup for downloading only reasons.

7 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I personally not recommend that. Did this on my board and had tons of useless posts during one week, so I reverted it.

Yeah, agree with this also. Actually, I don't want to make their life more complicated. If they need to download file - okay, no need to register or do some useless steps like meaningless posts. But just want to let them choose two options:

Option 1. Sign up and proceed to download without any ad
Option 2. Skip registration, but just click on ad and after that you will get download link.

Actually, I saw such mechanics on some website (typical for free cloud upload services like RapidShare). So, the idea is not new absolutely.

I can't monetize users as email database as I don't have any eCommerce, just community... so, I don't really need to accumulate lots of registrations. And I'm not asshole to earn money on selling this email database. So, the best way is to force guests to click on ads. 

On 2/6/2017 at 5:51 AM, Ibragim Pupkevich said:

is it possible to force guests click on ad (AdSense for example) to continue and download desired file only after click on ad?

I don't know about other ad networks, but this is against AdSense's terms of service

Payments to you may be withheld to reflect or adjusted to exclude any amounts refunded or credited to advertisers and any amounts arising from invalid activity, as determined by Google in its sole discretion.  Invalid activity is determined by Google in all cases and includes, but is not limited to, (i) spam, invalid queries, invalid impressions or invalid clicks on Ads generated by any person, bot, automated program or similar device, including through any clicks or impressions originating from your IP addresses or computers under your control; (ii) clicks solicited or impressions generated by payment of money, false representation, or requests for end users to click on Ads or take other actions; (iii) Ads served to end users whose browsers have JavaScript disabled; and (iv) clicks or impressions co-mingled with a significant amount of the activity described in (i, ii, and iii) above.  

Archived