Converting from WBB/WSC to IPS?

MMXII

I've noticed that with the recent release of IPS 4.1.18 the converters got quite a few improvements. However there seems to be no import option from WBB (WoltLab Burning Board) or their latest WSC (WoltLab Suite Core + Apps). Are there any plans to add these to the converter in the (near) future?

• 5 months later...
10 minutes ago, good_live said:

Yes, but that page also indicates that there is no free converter for WBB/WSC. Im looking forward to renew my IPS License, but we proparly won't be able to pay for the migration service.

You can do yourself the conversion. 

As i've already said the page indicates that there is no free converter available and writing one on my own is not an option as i don't have the time for that.

And i am just trying to express, that it would be nice to have a free converter for such a popular plattform (at least in the german area).

We haven't had enough demand yet to create a converter for WBB. If you're interested in converting from WBB, I would recommend emailing our sales team ( sales@invisionpower.com ), they'll be able to provide a quote to create the converter for you. Otherwise, you'll be able to 'register' your interest in a converter. 

• 1 year later...

I would think software creators would want to assist people in coming to their software. I looked at the sales page for converters, and you want anywheres upto $1750 for a migration.

I GAVE my Xenforo install to Woltlab to build a proper converter for 1.5, and 2.0 and now people can convert to Woltlab for free from there.

They have an Invision, vBulletin, SMF, MyBB, phpBB and other more forum migration tools. They do this for free.

I bought this license to test, see how it works. But it kind of seems like you guys are more interested in gaining money than procuring future clients. My smallest Woltlab install only has a couple hundred posts, it is the one I wanted to test Invision with. I will be damned if I will pay $1750 to get it converted.

Hell I bet Woltlab would be willing to make me a migration tool from their software to yours.

I have 5 Xenforo licenses, 4 Woltlab licenses, 1 Invision license, and 1 vBulletin license.

9 hours ago, kbarg said:

I would think software creators would want to assist people in coming to their software. I looked at the sales page for converters, and you want anywheres upto $1750 for a migration.

I GAVE my Xenforo install to Woltlab to build a proper converter for 1.5, and 2.0 and now people can convert to Woltlab for free from there.

They have an Invision, vBulletin, SMF, MyBB, phpBB and other more forum migration tools. They do this for free.

I bought this license to test, see how it works. But it kind of seems like you guys are more interested in gaining money than procuring future clients. My smallest Woltlab install only has a couple hundred posts, it is the one I wanted to test Invision with. I will be damned if I will pay $1750 to get it converted.

Hell I bet Woltlab would be willing to make me a migration tool from their software to yours.

I have 5 Xenforo licenses, 4 Woltlab licenses, 1 Invision license, and 1 vBulletin license.

The converter is free and available to all clients, and is included with any license. You can download the converter right now if you want to perform a free conversion from any of the supported platforms.  

To clarify, the cost is only if you want IPS to perform the conversion.  

You are certainly free to submit a ticket and inquire whether there would be a cost, and what it would be, if you wish.

We generally build converters based on demand. If only one client ever requests a specific converter, then development time to build that converter may need to be accounted for, however if we receive multiple requests for the same software, then we may be willing to build the converter out based on general demand without charging any one specific client for it. I can't speak as to Woltlab specifically as our sales department would know more about the demand for it, but I can only suggest emailing in to check.

The most common converters are immediately available with the converter package (for free), while there is another subset of converters with low demand (and as such do not get as much general testing and/or aren't kept up to date as routinely as the common set), or which require developer actions to perform the conversion (Lithium springs to mind).

Archived