(NB41) Enhanced Advertisements

26 minutes ago, Silnei L Andrade said:

On the page of specific forum.

For example, if I have a 4x4 vehicle forum in my community and want to post a banner offering tires for these vehicles on this forum page and on all topic pages of this forum, how do I do it?

Add in Extra condition field

{{if isset(\IPS\Output::i()->hiddenElements['nbenhadverts_node_class']) and \IPS\Output::i()->hiddenElements['nbenhadverts_node_class'] instanceof \IPS\forums\Forum and \IPS\Output::i()->hiddenElements['nbenhadverts_node_id'] == 631}}
{{endif}}

• 5 weeks later...

Hello I am having a hard time understanding the CSS system. 

For example I want an ad after this menu at the complete bottom of the thread page.

image.thumb.png.3a17f674d0fb4bd340649267786c6c79.png

If I go with CSS selector I get: ipsToolList ipsToolList_horizontal ipsClearfix ipsSpacer_top ipsResponsive_hidePhone

If I use ipsToolList it appears the first place where its used in the page... not where i wanted it to be.

How does this translate into a usable code for this plugin?

Is there a proper tutorial please? Just saying use a CSS selector is not enough.

Hello,

13 hours ago, mtlurb said:

For example I want an ad after this menu at the complete bottom of the thread page.

Selector 

.cTopic + .ipsToolList.ipsToolList_horizontal

Position

Insert advert after the chosen element(s)

How does this translate into a usable code for this plugin?

.ipsToolList.ipsToolList_horizontal.ipsClearfix.ipsSpacer_top.ipsResponsive_hidePhone

Is there a proper tutorial please?

All you need to know is css. If you are not familiar with css feel free to ask me in the support topic or PM (some customers do it)

13 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

Selector 

.cTopic + .ipsToolList.ipsToolList_horizontal

Position

.ipsToolList.ipsToolList_horizontal.ipsClearfix.ipsSpacer_top.ipsResponsive_hidePhone

All you need to know is css. If you are not familiar with css feel free to ask me in the support topic or PM (some customers do it)

Ok so the proper to do it is to insert . between each css style of an element?

Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...

@newbie LAC, I just purchased your enhanced ad module.  It looks good so far.  A few questions:

1. My existing ads are not showing up in the advert list (on your module).  How do I get them to show up?
  2. How do I enable the click counter for ads that I've already got running?
  3. I want to show an ad for every 3 posts when a guest is viewing a topic.  How do I get this going?  (I had your previous Ads after X posts and want to get that working again)

Thank you!

Mike

Hello,

8 hours ago, Mike Gholson said:
  • My existing ads are not showing up in the advert list (on your module).  How do I get them to show up?

Do you mean this?

ea.jpg.306f294c73bb14f9b4225890926f1a45.jpg

That page displays ads with clicks

ae2.thumb.jpg.f27768c89b66859299e91c4420bbe192.jpg

• How do I enable the click counter for ads that I've already got running?

ea3.thumb.jpg.2a4a385b40780553487409e7b1b7303f.jpg

ea4.jpg.2d84b6e26b6c11cbe8135e9ef2925e91.jpg

• I want to show an ad for every 3 posts when a guest is viewing a topic.  How do I get this going?  (I had your previous Ads after X posts and want to get that working again)

CSS selector

.cPost:nth-child(3n)

Position

1 minute ago, Mike Gholson said:

I suppose the ads weren't showing up on your module because I didn't have the click log enabled?

You have no ads clicked by users. My application logs clicks and show the stats (see above screenshot).

4 minutes ago, Mike Gholson said:

I am a bit confused with the ad after every 3 posts, but, will look into it tomorrow when I have a bit more time to follow your instruction.

ea5.jpg.e653c8d45f4814c2058c568c50683cba.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, christopher-w said:

Quick question on Clubs. I see you've answered this before but I didn't quite understand the solution.

When I target forums, Club forums are included too. What is the 'and not clubs' condition that I need to use to exclude Clubs from other selection sets.

Hello,

What condition are you using?

47 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

What condition are you using?

I'm not using anythng specific at the moment, but for example if I used your example from the admin panel, could I include a not clubs parameter in this?

{{if request.app == 'forums' and request.module == 'forums' and request.controller == 'forums'}}1{{endif}}
Edited by christopher-w

2 minutes ago, christopher-w said:

if I used your example from the admin panel, could I include a not clubs parameter in this?

{{if request.app == 'forums' and request.module == 'forums' and request.controller == 'forums' and !isset(\IPS\Output::i()->hiddenElements['nbenhadverts_club_id'])}}1{{endif}}

Edited by newbie LAC