(NB41) Enhanced Advertisements

10 minutes ago, Paul E. said:

This application creates a page that is available to anyone by default with statistics involving ad impressions. Why is this a thing? I don't see it documented anywhere. For those of you with it installed, check your FURL configuration.

Disabling application access via permissions is a workaround, yet why is this here?

i honestly don't care but i have to say i agree with you, this is both useless and unexpected.

Plus to disable it you have to take the app offline (i have to say i thought it would mask all my ads...).

Hello,

I'm sorry about that.

1 hour ago, Paul E. said:

Why is this a thing? I don't see it documented anywhere. For those of you with it installed, check your FURL configuration.

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8198-nb41-enhanced-advertisements/?changelog=19306

What's New in Version 1.0.9   

Released November 30, 2018

• Bug fixes
  • Added simple stats on public side

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 hour ago, Paul E. said:

Disabling application access via permissions is a workaround, yet why is this here?

1 hour ago, jesuralem said:

Plus to disable it you have to take the app offline (i have to say i thought it would mask all my ads...).

You can disable the module

Module permissions

Thanks for the insight, newbie LAC.

I don't understand what it is, or why it exists. It has untranslated strings, and it is turned on without granting it access, potentially exposing privileged information about advertising campaigns and impressions without any advance indication it would do so.

I'd encourage you to reconsider turning on something like this only as an explicit opt-in.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there @newbie LAC I'm having a little issue. When I add anything to either Mobile or Tablet, it won't save. Instead, it takes me to a 404 page. Any idea why this could be happening?

Video: https://streamable.com/cnj2k9

Here are some template errors I have in my logs. Not sure if it's significant. 

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\forums\Forum::canChangeThumb() in /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code:61
Stack trace:
#0 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_tthumb_front_widgets->tthumbWidget(Array, '45d3cc77f5fa63b...', Array, 'horizontal')
#1 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/applications/tthumb/widgets/tthumbWidget.php(122): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('tthumbWidget', Array)
#2 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Content/Widget.php(521): IPS\tthumb\widgets\_tthumbWidget->output(Array, '45d3cc77f5fa63b...')
#3 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Widget/Widget.php(826): IPS\Content\_Widget->render()
#4 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Widget/Widget.php(889): IPS\_Widget->_render()
#5 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(18257): IPS\_Widget->__toString()
#6 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->widgetContainer('footer', 'horizontal')
#7 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(6648): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('widgetContainer', Array)
#8 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate('BreatheHeavy.co...', '\n<div id="elCms...', Array)
#9 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(172): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('globalTemplate', Array)
#10 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(113): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#11 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(640): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#12 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(154): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#13 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#14 {main}

#0 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(71): IPS\_Log::log(Object(Error), 'template_error')
#1 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/applications/tthumb/widgets/tthumbWidget.php(122): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('tthumbWidget', Array)
#2 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Content/Widget.php(521): IPS\tthumb\widgets\_tthumbWidget->output(Array, '45d3cc77f5fa63b...')
#3 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Widget/Widget.php(826): IPS\Content\_Widget->render()
#4 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Widget/Widget.php(889): IPS\_Widget->_render()
#5 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(18257): IPS\_Widget->__toString()
#6 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->widgetContainer('footer', 'horizontal')
#7 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(6648): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('widgetContainer', Array)
#8 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate('BreatheHeavy.co...', '\n<div id="elCms...', Array)
#9 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(172): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('globalTemplate', Array)
#10 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(113): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#11 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(640): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#12 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(154): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#13 /home/breatheh/public_html/exhale/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#14 {main}

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Btw my version is up to date. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Arman Galstyan said:

Is it possible to set individual threads not to display ads, display from different network?

Adsense is very strict about user generated content and it would be helpful to disable adsense on topics that violate their TOS.

Thank you.

Hello,

You can use conditions

17 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

You can load the topic object and use the field if it available,

Can you please tell me what that if statement would look like? I am not sure as it is my understanding that the meta field from the topics table can contain multiple values. Is the value stored in the meta field of the topic table an array or a variable? And if array how would the if statement in the app access it?

Sorry I am new this all and want to make sure the app can do what I look for before I buy it.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Arman Galstyan said:

Can you please tell me what that if statement would look like? I am not sure as it is my understanding that the meta field from the topics table can contain multiple values. Is the value stored in the meta field of the topic table an array or a variable? And if array how would the if statement in the app access it?

Which field do you mean?

The topic meta data (topic messages, featured comments) is stored in the core_content_meta table

On 12/21/2020 at 10:18 AM, newbie LAC said:

That column contains 0 (topic hasn't meta data) or 1 (topic has meta data)

wonderful. Will I be able to read the value of the topic_meta_data? what the statement will look like?

I can setup my robot to flag topics where ads need to appear by setting topic_meta_data=2

If you app can read that value then I am all set and ready to purchase and implement.

12 hours ago, Arman Galstyan said:

Will I be able to read the value of the topic_meta_data?

Yes

12 hours ago, Arman Galstyan said:

what the statement will look like?

Show the advert if the topic_meta_data value is 1

{{if request.app == 'forums' and request.module == 'forums' and request.controller == 'topic'}}
{{$topic = \IPS\Output::i()->hiddenElements['nbenhadverts_item_item'];}}
{{if $topic and $topic->topic_meta_data == 1}}
{{endif}}
{{endif}}
7 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

Yes

Show the advert if the topic_meta_data value is 1

{{if request.app == 'forums' and request.module == 'forums' and request.controller == 'topic'}}
{{$topic = \IPS\Output::i()->hiddenElements['nbenhadverts_item_item'];}}
{{if $topic and $topic->topic_meta_data == 1}}
{{endif}}
{{endif}}

Thank you very much for explaining and answering. Will be purchasing today.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Im trying to add a new html ad

for a particulary subforum (id 11) for all topics included here and i have this extra condition :

{{if request.app == 'forums' and request.module == 'forums' and request.controller == 'forums' and in_array(request.id, array(11))}}1{{endif}}

with custom css :

.cPost:nth-child(9n)

with Insert ad after chosen element

but the advert does not shows up. Whats wrong with my extras condition ??

Edited by mark2012

I also tried with this extra condition:

{{if isset(\IPS\Output::i()->hiddenElements['nbenhadverts_node_class']) and \IPS\Output::i()->hiddenElements['nbenhadverts_node_class'] instanceof \IPS\forums\Forum and \IPS\Output::i()->hiddenElements['nbenhadverts_node_id'] == 11}}
{{endif}}

and still the ad does not shows up

Hello,

17 hours ago, mark2012 said:

Im trying to add a new html ad

for a particulary subforum (id 11) for all topics included here and i have this extra conditio

{{if request.app == 'forums' and request.module == 'forums' and request.controller == 'topic' and isset(\IPS\Output::i()->hiddenElements['nbenhadverts_node_class']) and \IPS\Output::i()->hiddenElements['nbenhadverts_node_class'] == 'IPS\forums\Forum' and \IPS\Output::i()->hiddenElements['nbenhadverts_node_id'] == 11}}1{{endif}}

• 2 weeks later...

@newbie LAC Hi there! Wondering... would it be possible in a future update to add a placement spot? I'd be interested to see if we could populate an ad at the very very top of the page (before the login/navigation section). That is the most-visible spot for an ad and tends to perform better. I know it doesn't provide a better UX, but I'd still be curious to see how it could function and perhaps generate more revenue. 

Example 🙂

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 8.34.22 AM.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 8:40 AM, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

{{if request.app == 'forums' and request.module == 'forums' and request.controller == 'topic' and isset(\IPS\Output::i()->hiddenElements['nbenhadverts_node_class']) and \IPS\Output::i()->hiddenElements['nbenhadverts_node_class'] == 'IPS\forums\Forum' and \IPS\Output::i()->hiddenElements['nbenhadverts_node_id'] == 11}}1{{endif}}

newbie what Custom CSS and position should i have in orderd to display an html advert after 15 th post in all pages from a topic

This one:    .cPost:nth-child(15n)

is not working

all fixed

Edited by mark2012
  • 4 weeks later...