Bulk Followers Management

1 minute ago, Lisa Goldblatt Grace said:

Thanks Adriano, sorry I meant 4.5 (the latest).  When I go to the file page it looks like i'll be charged $15 when I install it again. Is that the case? Thanks-Andy

Are you new on IPS 4.5? You have to tie the resources to the new marketplace. Probably there's a notification in your ACP; click on it. If it's not there, you should submit a ticket to IPS.

1 minute ago, Lisa Goldblatt Grace said:

So if I just click on install it should work

No. Install will probably ask you to pruchase it again.

4 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

You have to tie the resources to the new marketplace. Probably there's a notification in your ACP; click on it.

You really should submit a ticket to IPS.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
3 minutes ago, Kelly Holmes said:

Hi @Adriano Faria I just installed the plugin, but I'm not seeing the "Remove Followed Content" option in the member profile view in the ACP. This is the screenshot I saw in the marketplace, but I can't figure out how to go to a specific member and remove their followed content:

292975961_Screenshot10.PNG.b9d6134eb65f787a6bff44921c45a2cc.thumb.png.eaceff3bd0e04d4148f1a0456c910a4f.png

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hello,

Yes, I can confirm it isn't there. Will release a version now to fix it. Follow the file to get notified.

👍

Sorry if this question was already asked but:

When I add a group to follow something(forum/subforum/category), will also NEW group members that get promoted into it be added? aka auto follow it?

Example
I add the Group "Premium" to a Sub-Forum to "Bulk Follow" it, it will "add" all current users that are in the "Premium" group.
When someone New purchase premium(aka getting promoted into the group), will they be added to the "Bulk Follower"?

If not, it would be cool if that is possible! Maybe via a task that adds them/checks for new users every 1h or so.

• 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

People can unfollow. If you didn’t removed followers, they unfollowed. 

Understand that but 300 overnight i would have thought there is no way 300 would unfollow as they are not that active and also understanding the follow procedure.

Do you think its people who do not wish to be contacted get removed?

22 minutes ago, loccom said:

Do you think its people who do not wish to be contacted get removed?

Not sure I understand your question. Follow isn’t tied to “don’t want to receive email from admins”, if that’s what you’re saying.

In general, if you add a whole group on a busy forum, then people will start to receive emails at every new topic. Some may not like it and remove the follow.

This resource only removes them if you click in the red button. Still, you can remove all followers or specific members; you can’t remove a whole group. That’s why I can say it was people unfollowing it.

1 hour ago, loccom said:

Understand that but 300 overnight i would have thought there is no way 300 would unfollow as they are not that active and also understanding the follow procedure.

Just made a quick test and people can unfollow not being logged via a link in the email:

iBHhqJP.png

The link contain all the necessary data to unfollow:

...do=unfollowFromEmail&follow_app=forums&follow_area=forum&follow_id=64&gkey=4d9ab6fe2a23ed85952dd14e2d78fa89-6a042f6b40785a7b7fdf614e5ab00a23

gkey is an authentication key.

1 hour ago, loccom said:

Look at your Pruning settings in ACP: Members -> Members Settings -> Notifications -> Prune Settings

screenshot-2021_11.18-12_55_07.thumb.png.ca61b83f149a1d0b04853f5b8f08ce26.png

If those members are inactive for more than 365 days they will be unsubscribed automatically.

54 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

Look at your Pruning settings in ACP: Members -> Members Settings -> Notifications -> Prune Settings

screenshot-2021_11.18-12_55_07.thumb.png.ca61b83f149a1d0b04853f5b8f08ce26.png

If those members are inactive for more than 365 days they will be unsubscribed automatically.

Thanks Sonya, I think thats it, makes sense as the system pruned them overnight.