Bulk Followers Management

Can you make it so I can remove members from following other members?

I have a member who encourages everyone to follow her so they are notified when she adds items to her album. The problem is about 150 of them are gone, dead, or their email has changed. So every time she adds something to her album, I get over 100 bounced emails. They are not following her album, just her.

If I could go to her profile and click on the ones to unfollow her that would be helpful.

On 16/02/2017 at 8:38 PM, Michael R said:

Can you make it so I can remove members from following other members?

I have a member who encourages everyone to follow her so they are notified when she adds items to her album. The problem is about 150 of them are gone, dead, or their email has changed. So every time she adds something to her album, I get over 100 bounced emails. They are not following her album, just her.

If I could go to her profile and click on the ones to unfollow her that would be helpful.

You mean on public side? Because you can do it on ACP with this plugin:

Capturar.png

6 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

You mean on public side? Because you can do it on ACP with this plugin:

Capturar.png

Think the other direction. I would like to go to the member who is being followed and remove his/her followers. Ideally I would like to pick and chose specific members from a list via check box.

Your plugin works great if I need to do this for one or two members. But every time this person adds an image to her album, I get a ton of bounces to my email box because those email addresses are no longer valid or the sheer number of notifications overflows my server.

12 hours ago, Michael R said:

Think the other direction. I would like to go to the member who is being followed and remove his/her followers. Ideally I would like to pick and chose specific members from a list via check box.

I won't add a screen with checkboxes, etc. I will add mutli member feature, so you will be able to add/remove more than one member per time. Next version.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I'm using sparkpost to monitor and track email being sent out. With the notifications that are immediate, I am seeing the email go through.

Where I have set a single email a day as a daily digest I am not seeing the emails. Is there something else I need to do for these?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Unlucky said:

I have a problem where so many emails are going out from my forum due to so many people following other members and getting notified by email of everything that member does on the site

I wouldn't use a plugin for this. You can simply change the default behaviour for the Someone I am following makes a post notification. That would stop the emails for followed members. Of course some will enable it back, but not all of them.

is this for all applications or just forums?

Also we have some users being followed by 60 - 100 members - is there a quick solution to stop all users following all users being email notification somehow?

If it's done by the Someone I am following makes a post , where do I find this setting?

Thanks

Edited by Unlucky
4 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

is this for all applications or just forums?

For all content type.

4 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Also we have some users being followed by 60 - 100 members - is there a quick solution to stop all users following all users being email notification somehow?

If you change the notification, this won't be a problem anymore.

5 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

If it's done by the Someone I am following makes a post , where do I find this setting? 

ACP -> Members -> Notifications:

xCHA1sR.png

That would be the perfect setting for you because it will stop emails and users will get only notifications. They also wouldn't be able to enable email.

• 6 months later...