KroCan Support Thread

Dylan Riggs

That's not how the "more" menu works.

Let's say you have 10 Navigation items, but the theme can only span 8 of them across. The other 2 will show in a "More" menu. It's something IPS does (same with 3.4.x) to allow you to fit more navigation items via a drop down. It's also present on the default theme, but since the default theme's navigation items are much smaller, you can fit more links before it appears. If you were to take a few of your navigation items off, it'll no longer appear as it's variable.

Like wise, if you throw in more links to the default theme and you'll also get the same More navigation menu :).

It's something I slightly overlooked as like you, I never see the more menu as I only have 4-5 navigation items, But the "more" meu is a separate item that has its own functionality - and thus needs fixed to fit KroCan'.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/5/2016 at 10:09 AM, MikePT said:

eWwrT8O.png

Question: Does this icon/button show the notification counter, so that a user knows he has a notification when the off-canvas menu is hidden?

No, not yet - It's something I'll be adding to it though. I'm in the process of rewriting the header again. Pretty much all the bugs have been fixed except the navigation is messed up because of the more menu.

I'll probably end up making the whole off-canvas thing a hook so that it'll be all a custom menu.

On 10/07/2016 at 9:11 AM, Dylan Riggs said:

Pretty much all the bugs have been fixed except the navigation is messed up because of the more menu.

I'll probably end up making the whole off-canvas thing a hook so that it'll be all a custom menu.

Do you have an estimative date when you'll release the update? 

26 minutes ago, MikePT said:

For the update with the bugs on the navigation bar fixed.

Or maybe I didn't understood and the bugs are already fixed (with the exception of the more menu)?

Yes. All of the minor issues stated in this thread have all been resolved, the only issue right now is the navigation, I'm not sure why I've had so much trouble with it. It's not been an issue on any of my other themes, just KroCan and I'm not sure if it's JS related or not.

Once I finish that bug, I'll put the notifications on there as well, it's a 5min fix.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an update that I am pending to push out which includes all the navigation/slider issues already mentioned. I am just waiting to release one big update which also addresses any of the off-canvas issues.

@R-023 can you show me examples of the issue you're having with the menu so I can add them to the update? The canvas menu has become a mess, I agree. I need to take the time to rewrite that part along with the navigation as it's went through so many changes I've even got myself lost (which rarely happens lol)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @Dylan Riggs, great work so far! I've got a few questions, and feature suggestions for you. Will you be including the ability to change all of the text and element color options, including the off-canvas menu in a future release? Is it also on the roadmap to include the ability to specify Font Awesome icons for menu/submenu items, the off-canvas menu button, and the forums? Would it be possible to add an option that left-aligns the menu items instead of centers them?

48 minutes ago, CinemaVision said:

Hey @Dylan Riggs, great work so far! I've got a few questions, and feature suggestions for you. Will you be including the ability to change all of the text and element color options, including the off-canvas menu in a future release? Is it also on the roadmap to include the ability to specify Font Awesome icons for menu/submenu items, the off-canvas menu button, and the forums? Would it be possible to add an option that left-aligns the menu items instead of centers them?

Most text/element colors are already configurable through the theme options panel(s).

Off-Cavans I can probably make that a theme option as well.

Font-Awesome is a road map already

Can you show me an example of the left-align menu you're mentioning about? This might be better set as a custom tweak rather than a roadmap item. The more settings I throw in, the more room for errors.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived