IPS syntax in ckeditor?

Hunter Lyons

It will only work if you can enter HTML. You'll know if you can because the first button on the editor will be Source. If you don't have that, you'll need to set the permissions for Can use HTML? to Yes for your member group. Be warned, though, that this is potentially dangerous, so only use it with trusted groups, such as your admins.

It's weird - I could see the source button and use it for some things (ie: I set some text to css classes I made in my custom.css), but I didn't have the permission set. I just checked and now the IPS syntax works after enabling the permission. But I also manually added the source button to my editor a while ago, so that may be why?

The source plugin provided by IPS is via the 'ipssource' plugin, and the icon is displayed to those who have the 'Can use HTML?' permission which in turn allows the submission and back-end processing of that html based off that very permission (which gives you the functionality you require)

The source plugin you added is either the ckeditor 'sourcearea' plugin (provides inline editing in the editor) or the 'sourcedialog' plugin (provides editing in a dialog box) which will appear on the editor if you've dragged it in to place after installing it. You'll be able to put html in to the editor and all that - but anything that isn't html is going to get stripped out (as you found)

So.....if you still have the 'Source' icon, via the added plugin, displaying in the editor on the front-end then I suggest you remove it off the editors (drag it out) in the ACP so that you can use the correct permission option to allow html.

No bug at all - the plugin was added, as can any ckeditor plugin, and it's got a different name to the existing already used plugin that IPS control.

Archived