April 12, 2016 in Technical Problems
I am upgrading from IP 3.4.9 to 4.1.10 because there was no SMF converter yet for 4.1.10 yet.
So I got the conversion done, now time to upgrade.
1) Downloaded 4..1.10 from my client area
2) Unziped and uploaded everything in the ips_85c0a (not sure if it overwrote any files since I had auto install on)
3) Went to my site to upgrade
4) On step 3 (Applications) it asks " Please select the applications you wish to upgrade. "
I looked around for others having same problem so I went back to the Manage Apps tab and selected UPGRADE but it came back as everything was up to date.
Any ideas on why I cannot upgrade? Thanks
Did you have a renamed admin folder perhaps?
If so, you need to upload the contents of the "admin" folder in the zip file, to your renamed admin folder, overwriting when prompted, then go to the upgrade URL again.
No, it wasnt renamed. I literally installed 3.4.9, did the conversion to get my members from smf, then went to upgrade.
In that case, I would recommend you re-upload the entire contents of that ips_85c0a folder to your forum root directory, overwriting when prompted and verifying that all files transferred. From your description, it may be that the first upload wasn't complete.
If that fails, please file a ticket to support.
Copy. Thanks. Ill try that and if it doesnt work will post a support ticket.
I concur please submit a ticket if you continue to have issues with this.
Generally, this type of issue is caused by one of the following, these are not in any particular order and may not always apply but they are the most common causes:
1. The files were uploaded into the wrong directory
2. The FTP client being used to upload them 'skipped' and did not 'overwrite' existing files
3. The admin directory was renamed and the admin directory was not named to match this prior to upload
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.
Started 1 hour ago
Started November 13
Started June 27, 2021