HTML5 Video Player

PedroNL

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On May 4, 2016 at 7:40 AM, Elena-Viorica said:

No support thread, 13 purchases and no reviews... Hmm...

I purchased it but requested a refund within an hour after purchase. It is not guaranteed to work on mobile view mode and in my case, 95% of our members are on mobile. I tried it with an iPhone 6, Galaxy S6 using browsers such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox and in mobile view, none of them would stream the video.

I think it would be wise to state this here, even though i have amended the file description. HTML5 video/audio are not at all guaranteed to play on every device/browser combo unless you have three source files for the same uploaded file. For example, for an HTML5 video to work across the spread, as it were, you need an .mp4 file, an .ogg file, and a .mov file, all of the same exact video as source tags within the video tag. It's not exactly a format that works well with the 1-1 nature of attachments. Do your research folks, in regards to HTML5 video/audio, the browser is only using what codecs are native to the system and is relying on the OS to do the work. Don't expect it to act like a java player, it really doesn't.

9 hours ago, Elena-Viorica said:

Not working on every browser is one thing. Working on only one or two browsers, out of which neither is Firefox, Chrome and Safari, is another.

I love how you continually imply it's my fault. I can't snap my fingers and make a given format work across the spread, nor can I demand server-side video/audio conversion software, nor can I force the browsers to accept and play formats that are not supported by the underlying OS.

I know, I know, how DARE I create a mod within the limitations of the technology. Frankly, this is getting old. It's what was asked for, it's just that it's not what was expected after use of flash players, and i'm seriously tired of people implying that is my fault, when yet again, it's a limitation of the technology paired to an attachment system.

I'd understand the blaming and hate if the implementation did not degrade to allow access to the attachment anyway in such a case, but that is not the case, and this is ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...

On May 24, 2016 at 7:00 PM, Marcher Technologies said:

I love how you continually imply it's my fault. I can't snap my fingers and make a given format work across the spread, nor can I demand server-side video/audio conversion software, nor can I force the browsers to accept and play formats that are not supported by the underlying OS.

I know, I know, how DARE I create a mod within the limitations of the technology. Frankly, this is getting old. It's what was asked for, it's just that it's not what was expected after use of flash players, and i'm seriously tired of people implying that is my fault, when yet again, it's a limitation of the technology paired to an attachment system.

I'd understand the blaming and hate if the implementation did not degrade to allow access to the attachment anyway in such a case, but that is not the case, and this is ridiculous.

Marcher, can a video player be created with a javascript instead? One that can play the attached video via a javascript player regardless of the browser? Because I have been to plenty of sites using Chrome on my iPhone 6 Plus and Chrome on my Galaxy S7 which play without any issue.

All I want is to be able to upload an mp4, mpg or avi file as an attachment and have users be able to play them inline with any mobile browsers.

That's all I ask and I'm willing to pay for such a player. I mean, plenty of Wordpress sites have plugins that allow users to watch videos on their mobile phones. It can be done, maybe not with HTML5 but Javascript.

Archived