New Activity Stream Filter Bar

Michael R

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't think the new Filter Bar is intuitive when it comes to selecting different Content Types. I get that you can toggle on and off Content Types, but the only way you can get it to refresh is to click somewhere in the screen off the menu. There is NO way my members will figure this out!

The stream should update as soon as a new selection is made, instead of needing to click away. The drop down selection should disappear instead of remaining after being selected

Italics should be removed, it doesn't fit with the rest of the theme. Also the bold text should be normal text

No need for the bar to be sticky, its function is not important enough for that.

my 2c..2c.gif

• Management

It's not a good idea from a performance standpoint to refresh the stream on every single toggle through the menu the OP is referring to. We're open to other ideas though. 

The fonts are something that can be tidied up, but are just a matter of preference - not usability. 

We're likely to remove the "sticky" feature of the filter bar. 

6 hours ago, Lindy said:

What would you suggest? 

5 hours ago, opentype said:

If a selection is made, an “Apply” button appears in the drop-down section. Once clicked the selection is applied and the drop-down closes. 

I agree with @opentype I think maybe an "apply" button or link makes sense. 

Archived