IPS lack of plugin

Théophraste

Hello,

IPS 4.x.x lack of Plugin.

I think such a plugin newsletters, as MailPoet Newsletters or MailChimp for wordpress.

Or a plugin kind of ecommerce as WooCommerce.

Or a plugin to lighten the images on our server, as the tool to optimize images Kraken.io.

There is a lack of tools to properly develop our communities, create an ecosystem to encourage plugin would be wise.

Sincerly, Theo.

1 hour ago, Théophraste said:

Or a plugin kind of ecommerce as WooCommerce.

This functionality already comes from IPS and it is called Commerce. You don’t even need a “plugin”. It’s an app that seamlessly works with IPS 4. 

A newsletter system is also already there, although not with many design options. You can also connect/export to Mailchimp with various plugins already. 

I guess it's the natural instinct of "program" minded people to try and solve problems, but instead of punching holes in the OP's post maybe we ought to consider the main premise which is that currently the plugin selection for VER4.x.x is a bit paltry and anything that can be done to encourage more developers to get to work would ultimately be beneficial for the health and vitality of the entire community.

It's a bit of a symbiotic relationship if you think of it and brain storming ways to leverage this synergy might be helpful.

What about the kick-starter concept for IPB? Maybe there could be an official way for people to place offers for developers to start projects and the opportunity for others to join in and support the project with additional funds. **just thinking out-loud** Other ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
On mercredi 17 février 2016 at 9:44 PM, opentype said:

This functionality already comes from IPS and it is called Commerce.

I'm afraid it is limited. No ?

I would like the members to offer for sale items. Payment by paypal. Commission to my forum.

There would be options:

- Sales visible by members or by members and guests;
- Costs for the Member in favor of the forum to an Item, or percentage of sales.

It is not easy to monetize a forum.

A well-developed party store would be welcome. A "WooCommerce for IPB".

On a forum for photographers, this would allow the sale of used equipment by members. With compensation for the forum.

On 2/27/2016 at 7:34 AM, Théophraste said:

I'm afraid it is limited. No ?

I would like the members to offer for sale items. Payment by paypal. Commission to my forum.

There would be options:

- Sales visible by members or by members and guests;
- Costs for the Member in favor of the forum to an Item, or percentage of sales.

It is not easy to monetize a forum.

A well-developed party store would be welcome. A "WooCommerce for IPB".

On a forum for photographers, this would allow the sale of used equipment by members. With compensation for the forum.

This is already possible through IP.Downloads

Or you can wait for Classifieds by @Adriano Faria

Archived