cannot view uploaded videos.

kar3n2

Ah that would make sense my love. Right, so .Mov are QuickTime format (That program still around?).

Problem with FF is that The new Windows 64-bit version of Firefox does not recognize or support the plugin.

I think there is a quicktime plugin for Chrome but that would mean changing browsers, so you may have to download the video?

Someone else may be able to offer some advice.

2 hours ago, opentype said:

I would suggest to upload an mp4 version instead. 

so really its best I tell people to change mov files before uploading?  video was taken on my iphone so iphone must be saving them as mov files? Makes the process rather complicated doesnt it if they have to change the file type first? 

I just uploaded it as mov file into facebook and can watch it on there no problems, so it's not my laptop needing more stuff ( did download java and silverlight updates again to be sure)

UPDATE   I've just downloaded Quicktime ( seems I already had that anyway) and still cannot view this video either in FF or Chrome. Can see it ok on Facebook though. So it appears to be something on my IPS site that is affecting this.

2 minutes ago, opentype said:

Facebook, YouTube and so on take a video file and convert it themselves and offer it in whatever format is necessary for the people opening the page. That’s not something regular web software offers or regular web hosting packages can handle though. 

So it's an extra job iPhone users have to do as iPhone saves in mov format  oh dear not too good that is it?   

Also I've viewed it on my iPhone and it throws the site out image.thumb.png.55efbd73f73d566778be8e74

It isn’t strange, but just how the situation with video is. You need the right plugin-ins with the right codes for each specific video to have them play. Some years ago this was solved with embedding every video within Flash, but now we are moving towards HTML 5 video, but you still can’t just upload one video and can be sure everyone will see it. 

On 28/01/2016 at 5:21 PM, opentype said:

It isn’t strange, but just how the situation with video is. You need the right plugin-ins with the right codes for each specific video to have them play. Some years ago this was solved with embedding every video within Flash, but now we are moving towards HTML 5 video, but you still can’t just upload one video and can be sure everyone will see it. 

well i finally sorted the problem out for me after hours and hours and days of searching     https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/quicktime-plugin-play-audio-and-video

so now I can view my vids "mov" files.  I added it into a help file for my members too just in case :-)

Archived