Upload bulk events to Calendar?

Heyhoe

I have LOTS of events I need to add to various calendars I have created on IP.Calendar and was wondering if there was a way to enter information into a spreadsheet and then import this into a selected calendar?

I can't see it being too complicated as it's just inserting information into a database table at the end of the day!

Can this be done through Cpanel/ PhpAdmin etc??

Kind Regards,

Paul.

• 3 weeks later...

Nobody know how to do this? I thought this would be relatively simple..

The current calendar is a little long winded for adding lots of events. This way I could just populate a table with whatever columns the database requires and it would save me a TONNE of work.

Thanks.

On 24. Dezember 2015 at 3:57 PM, Heyhoe said:

Can this be done through Cpanel/ PhpAdmin etc??

I would guess: yes. 
Just try it. Download a CSV from the “calendar_events” table via phpMyAdmin. That will give you the table structure and default settings like the calendar and member IDs, NULL and zero values you need to reuse. Create your events using that structure and upload it via phpMyAdmin. 

According to Rhett at IPS Support, they would never recommend manually uploading tables as the Calendar data is populated across multiple tables.

I actually forgot I was now a Cloud user so I can't get to phpMyAdmin anyway.

Considering this as a paid modification.

Problem with iCalendar as far as I can see is you have to subscribe to a feed already set up. None of the sources for the championships seem to have anything like this so we have to be able to create them manually.

I posted a modification request but it's in the wrong part of the forum. Does anyone know where the modification request area has gone??

If i import an .ics file i also get duplicated events on 4.1.6.1 and 4.1.7

i was wondering though if we can create an ical feed from the form so other members can save it on their iphones / google calendar and so...

the purpose would be to let members know that just feom accessing a link their calendar in iphones and androids could get updated with the events they are interested in

Archived