Banned user group

OctoDev

I noticed there is nothing that indicates that the member is banned anymore, you'll have to visit the profile to see it. And that's only when you are Moderator or Administrator. 

I think there should be something that indicates the member is banned, on 3.4 we had a own group for banned members which did the job.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Kenneth Torres said:

After going your method, however, how can I allow Moderators to ban users without promoting them to Administrators?

I use the rules app, have the rules app look for the moderator action of warning, and use warning points to move to banned group list. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2016 at 9:17 PM, MADMAN32395 said:

I use the rules app, have the rules app look for the moderator action of warning, and use warning points to move to banned group list. 

Sorry for being callow, but do you have a more detailed explanation. This is my first time using IP.Board let alone the Rules Plugin.

Disregard what I said, figured it out now.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to figure this out with the Rules app. A little confusing at first here, hopefully I'll be able to make it work. 

In the mean time we can't even edit the individuals who are banned to manually move them into said group that we created as it doesn't allow their username/email to be saved/used. 

So a few questions:

• How can we manually move people into said 'banned' group?
  • As these people are still in the 'registered' group do they get the Bulk Mail that's being sent out, as I see some of these banned members still want to get notifications from the board. Where as on 3.4 we just wouldn't send to the banned group at all. 

Thanks!

Archived