How To Quickly Populate Forum With Test Content?

Morpheo

I want to test all the features and html elements of the current theme in order to style them properly before making my forum live. But I can't see all the elements that need styling without pages and pages of topics and messages.

For example, I want to see how different member ranks look, how hot topics look, how pagination looks, how banned users look, etc.

Is there a way to fill up the forum with sample content, and then an easy way to delete all that content before I go live?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Morpheo said:

How do I install that plugin?

I'm curious to know if this plugin is updated and working... Kinda hard to tell since there are no reviews and no support thread.

Please let us know if you end up installing this, and if it works as advertised! :)

6 minutes ago, openfire said:

I'm curious to know if this plugin is updated and working... Kinda hard to tell since there are no reviews and no support thread.

Please let us know if you end up installing this, and if it works as advertised! :)

@Makoto keeps it updated - should work with no issues

System > Plugins > Install New Plugin

Capture.PNG

5 hours ago, Morpheo said:

How do I install that plugin?

2 hours ago, openfire said:

This is actually an application, not a plugin. So you install it by uploading the included .tar file in the Applications page of your AdminCP.

The application should work on 4.1.x for you without any issue. I still actively use the application for development in my own projects, so I do keep it updated.

As this application was made primarily for use by active skinners and developers, the support thread for it is currently in a private forum for Contributors, but starting with the next release I'll ask to have that thread moved to the public Marketplace Topics forum to open it up to community support.

18 hours ago, Makoto said:

This is actually an application, not a plugin. So you install it by uploading the included .tar file in the Applications page of your AdminCP.

The application should work on 4.1.x for you without any issue. I still actively use the application for development in my own projects, so I do keep it updated.

As this application was made primarily for use by active skinners and developers, the support thread for it is currently in a private forum for Contributors, but starting with the next release I'll ask to have that thread moved to the public Marketplace Topics forum to open it up to community support.

Great, thanks!

I'm going to give it a test drive on my new forum for the same reasons as OP. I know this is meant for devs and skinners, but out of curiosity, is there option for people like me and OP that provides an easy way to remove the fake content once we're ready to make the board live?

3 minutes ago, openfire said:

Great, thanks!

I'm going to give it a test drive on my new forum for the same reasons as OP. I know this is meant for devs and skinners, but out of curiosity, is there option for people like me and OP that provides an easy way to remove the fake content once we're ready to make the board live?

My recommendation would be to use a fresh install and only use the application for test installs (mostly because this is still considered an alpha release application and is not guaranteed to be stable), but you should be able to easily remove / purge all created fake content,

5647c7725f51e_Screenshotfrom2015-11-1418

Archived