Promote Posts to Articles

6 hours ago, DChiuch said:

After upgrading to 1.2.1, this plugin causes editing records to stop working. With the plugin enabled, if I try and edit a record, I get this error: "2T257/3"

Can't reproduce this error specifically but another one when editing the article. Sent you a new version via PM. Please try and let me know if it is ok, so I can update the file on marketplace.

• 1 year later...

Hi and thank you for a great plugin!

We have seemed to notice that when promoting a post into an article, it gives you the option to edit the article before posting, but in reality posts the article without the edits. So if I click promote to article and then edit the title of the article, it will still post with the original title.

This is based on not that much testing and when you are aware of it, you can of course edit and save the article before promoting to article. Nevertheless, if it's a bug, I figured it's good that you know. 🙂

23 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

The resource will redirect you to the article post screen with the ability to change the title and description. Change if you want. By changing it will not change the topic. They're two different things now.

There's no bug there.

Hi and thanks for the quick reply!

I don't know which software is responsible for the issue, but it does exist. I will PM you a link to a video of this.

To clarify the issue:

- When promoting a post to an article, it works and redirects to the article post screen. 

- You have the ability to change the title and description, however, even if you edit them, the original text and title of the promoted post will be used in the article, not the edits you made. 

Again, I don't know if this has anything to do with your software, but the disconnect in logical functionality exists at least in my production environment. 🤷‍♂️

However, like I said in my previous post - once aware of this, it's not a big deal. I just thought I'd ask/let you know.

On 4/9/2021 at 7:21 AM, KenuFHR said:

However, like I said in my previous post - once aware of this, it's not a big deal. I just thought I'd ask/let you know.

A new version was just submitted to fix the issue. Click in Send me version updates in the file view to get notified when new version is live.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 1 year later...

Could there be an option to move the "Promote to Article" link to the "..." menu that contains the Report, Share, Edit, etc., options? That's already where a bunch of other similar options are, like the default Promote and the Recommend options.

I would prefer not to clutter up the bottom bar with the option.

Edited by Rennr
  • 1 year later...

Thank you so much for being a client!

The Invision Community Marketplace is closing on October 30, 2023, so I am moving all of my files over to my personal site www.sosinvision.com.br.

You will find information on my website www.sosinvision.com.br:

Bookmark https://www.sosinvision.com.br/ and the new Marketplace Directory www.Invisioneer.org.