Promote Posts to Articles

5 minutes ago, Matt Provenzale said:

Just purchased and installed and I am not seeing the "Promote to Article" text on any posts. Any pointers or settings to check?

I have it set as follows:
- All forums
- Administrator group permitted
- Promote only first post
- Using default IPS theme

Thanks!

on the plugins list is it at the top ? also do you use flitterkills kitchen sink ?

4 hours ago, Vanucci said:

When im promoting anything to article, it just gives me a blank white page

What's New in Version 1.1.3:

• Fix error when the DB do not accept TAGs or the topic doesn't has tags
3 hours ago, Matt Provenzale said:

Just purchased and installed and I am not seeing the "Promote to Article" text on any posts. Any pointers or settings to check?

I have it set as follows:
- All forums
- Administrator group permitted
- Promote only first post
- Using default IPS theme

Thanks!

Hi Matt. Can't reproduce it; it appears to me in all installs I do.

Please, send a PM with your board credentials so I can take a look.

7 hours ago, Vanucci said:

on the plugins list is it at the top ? also do you use flitterkills kitchen sink ?

Yes to both, the kitchen sink is listed second.

4 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 1.1.3:

• Fix error when the DB do not accept TAGs or the topic doesn't has tags

Hi Matt. Can't reproduce it; it appears to me in all installs I do.

Please, send a PM with your board credentials so I can take a look.

Will do when I have some time to mess with the site tomorrow!

4 minutes ago, Matt Provenzale said:

Will do when I have some time to mess with the site tomorrow!

Well, KS changes the template and that's because it doesn't appear. My support does not include workaround in another resource. I suggest you to look for help with KS dev.

Brw, same will happen with any resource that adds a link or something there. This is not an issue or exclusivity of my plugin.

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Well, KS changes the template and that's because it doesn't appear. My support does not include workaround in another resource. I suggest you to look for help with KS dev.

Brw, same will happen with any resource that adds a link or something there. This is not an issue or exclusivity of my plugin.

No worries, I can confirm disabling that plugin makes the promotion link appear. Thanks for the help!

• 6 months later...

Hi Adriano,

I'm not sure if you're still actively supporting/developing this as it looks like IPS have their own version in 4.2, however as I have a pressing need for it, I purchased it anyway and I can report I've having the same problem as Matt above. 

I'm running with no other plugins and we're running the stock theme (at least I don't recall changing anything in v4), however, this install has been upgrade over upgrade since the initial release of ip.board so there is many years of crufty config floating around in the db.

The stack trace from the system log is below (which obviously makes me think we have something missing in the theme that you're expecting).

If you need more info or ACP access, don't hesitate to ask.

#0 /home/<redacted>/public_html/mb/system/Theme/Theme.php(780) : eval()'d code(32): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(0)
#1 /home/<redacted>/public_html/mb/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): IPS\Theme\class_core_global_plugins->promoteToArticle(Object(IPS\forums\Topic\Post))
#2 /home/<redacted>/public_html/mb/system/Theme/Theme.php(780) : eval()'d code(812): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('promoteToArticl...', Array)
#3 /home/<redacted>/public_html/mb/system/Theme/Theme.php(780) : eval()'d code(812): IPS\Theme\SandboxedTemplate->promoteToArticle(Object(IPS\forums\Topic\Post))
#4 /home/<redacted>/public_html/mb/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_topics->post(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), Object(IPS\forums\Topic\Post), 'topic_comment', 'forums', 'forums', 'forums_Topic')
#5 /home/<redacted>/public_html/mb/system/Theme/Theme.php(780) : eval()'d code(1298): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('post', Array)
#6 /home/<redacted>/public_html/mb/system/Theme/Theme.php(780) : eval()'d code(1298): IPS\Theme\SandboxedTemplate->post(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), Object(IPS\forums\Topic\Post), 'topic_comment', 'forums', 'forums', 'forums_Topic')
#7 /home/<redacted>/public_html/mb/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_topics->postContainer(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), Object(IPS\forums\Topic\Post), Array)
#8 /home/<redacted>/public_html/mb/system/Theme/Theme.php(780) : eval()'d code(3226): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('postContainer', Array)
#9 /home/<redacted>/public_html/mb/system/Theme/Theme.php(780) : eval()'d code(3226): IPS\Theme\SandboxedTemplate->postContainer(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), Object(IPS\forums\Topic\Post), Array)
#10 /home/<redacted>/public_html/mb/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_topics->topic(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), Array, NULL, Array, NULL, NULL, Array)
#11 /home<redacted>/public_html/mb/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(302): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('topic', Array)
#12 /home/<redacted>/public_html/mb/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(302): IPS\Theme\SandboxedTemplate->topic(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), Array, NULL, Array, NULL, NULL, Array)
#13 /home/<redacted>/public_html/mb/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(97): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->manage()
#14 /home/<redacted>/public_html/mb/system/Content/Controller.php(51): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#15 /home/<redacted>/public_html/mb/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(40): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#16 /home/<redacted>/public_html/mb/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#17 /home/<redacted>public_html/mb/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#18 {main}

5 minutes ago, brfcs said:

I'm not sure if you're still actively supporting/developing this as it looks like IPS have their own version in 4.2, however as I have a pressing need for it, I purchased it anyway and I can report I've having the same problem as Matt above. 

Does it work on default theme? I used this last friday on my live board and works fine.

Try to run the tool to rebuild cache (ACP -> System -> Support -> Something isn't working correctly. Let it run until appears the Diagnostics results.

If it still remains, send a PM with ACP access. I'll take a look tomorrow in the morning.

Hi Adriano,

Thanks for the offer, but a combination of making lots of changes to the Articles setup to get it working properly (it wasn't really used in v4, but had plenty of v3 data in it) and adding and removing the plugin a couple of times, fixed it.

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Joel R said:

This is now available as a default feature in IPS 4.2.  

I can promote to Facebook, Twitter or 'Our Picks' and all of these are welcome additions, but have I missed the option to promote an individual post to an actual article ? I did not see that and thats what this plugin does. 

4 minutes ago, HighlanderICT said:

I can promote to Facebook, Twitter or 'Our Picks' and all of these are welcome additions, but have I missed the option to promote an individual post to an actual article ? I did not see that and thats what this plugin does. 

It's called Copy to Database and available via the Moderator sub menu when enabled

16 hours ago, NoGi said:

It's called Copy to Database and available via the Moderator sub menu when enabled

Where do you enable it ? I cant see the option to do so in the member groups or in forum permissions anywhere. It is probably staring me in the face but I cannot find it in ACP 

16 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Mine will still be useful for some. You can promote any post, not only first. Topic followers become article followers. You can select which user groups can do that; In IPS4.2 it's a moderator permission. You can choose in which forums plugin will work, etc.

I like your plugin as its quite simple and puts a link there right on the actual post. no extra clicks or hidden in menus anywhere .... more importantly, my editor finds it easy to use ! He just has to get his head round the new promote to social media and to 'our picks' option in 4.2

Edited by HighlanderICT
5 minutes ago, HighlanderICT said:

Where do you enable it ?

It's one of the limitations: it's a moderator permission. So only moderators can do it.

4 minutes ago, HighlanderICT said:

He just has to get his head round the new promote to social media and to 'our picks' option in 4.2

It has nothing to do with the PROMOTE feature. To promote to Our Picks, you click in the PROMOTE button in the topic, article, etc. To promote a post into an article, you can use the COPY TO DATABASE new feature, which is limited, or keep using my plugin.

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

It's one of the limitations: it's a moderator permission. So only moderators can do it.

Does that mean an administrator cannot ? I dont see it at all ... but thats not really an issue as I prefer to keep using your plugin. its plain and simple and does all that i need .

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

It has nothing to do with the PROMOTE feature. To promote to Our Picks, you click in the PROMOTE button in the topic, article, etc. To promote a post into an article, you can use the COPY TO DATABASE new feature, which is limited, or keep using my plugin.

I know, thats what i mean .... he is used to using your plugin to promote to article and that was it .... his editing was finished .... now I am asking him to promote to article then go back to the newly promoted article and use the internal system to promote to social media and to 'our picks' if we want it there too. (no big deal and off topic for the functionality of the plugin).

@Adriano Faria  Installed your plug in.  Everything looked fine till I tried to promote an article.

597a6a8f92098_ScreenShot2017-07-27at5_32_36PM.thumb.png.d1506a612d5bbd63818edb7ab86a55ad.png

INSERT INTO `ibf_core_follow` ( `follow_id`, `follow_app`, `follow_area`, `follow_rel_id`, `follow_member_id`, `follow_is_anon`, `follow_added`, `follow_notify_do`, `follow_notify_meta`, `follow_notify_freq`, `follow_notify_sent`, `follow_visible` ) VALUES ( 'eb8d9740dbf6d4496db8f74fc7fa991a', 'cms', 'records1', 361, 2, 0, 1501194724, 1, '', 'weekly', 0, 1 )
IPS\Db\Exception: Duplicate entry 'eb8d9740dbf6d4496db8f74fc7fa991a' for key 'PRIMARY' (1062)
#0 /home/panglers/public_html/forums/system/Db/Db.php(807): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Content\\_...', Array)
#1 /home/panglers/public_html/forums/system/Content/Item.php(393): IPS\_Db->insert('core_follow', Array)
#2 /home/panglers/public_html/forums/applications/cms/sources/Records/Records.php(2148): IPS\Content\_Item::createFromForm(Array, Object(IPS\cms\Categories1), true)
#3 /home/panglers/public_html/forums/system/Content/Item.php(85): IPS\cms\_Records::createFromForm(Array, Object(IPS\cms\Categories1))
#4 /home/panglers/public_html/forums/applications/cms/modules/front/database/category.php(544): IPS\Content\_Item::create(Object(IPS\cms\Categories1))
#5 /home/panglers/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\cms\modules\front\database\_category->form()
#6 /home/panglers/public_html/forums/applications/cms/sources/Databases/Dispatcher.php(305): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/panglers/public_html/forums/system/Theme/Theme.php(4286) : eval()'d code(9): IPS\cms\Databases\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\content_pages_1()
#9 /home/panglers/public_html/forums/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(1202): call_user_func('IPS\\Theme\\conte...')
#10 /home/panglers/public_html/forums/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(2168): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->getHtmlContent()
#11 /home/panglers/public_html/forums/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(177): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->output()
#12 /home/panglers/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->__call('form', Array)
#13 /home/panglers/public_html/forums/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(33): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#14 /home/panglers/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->execute()
#15 /home/panglers/public_html/forums/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#16 {main}

Please advise.

Can't believe you're doing this for $10.  I'd gladly pay you for your valuable time!  This is what I've been waiting for since Invision took it out of service.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, HighlanderICT said:

Does that mean an administrator cannot ? I dont see it at all ... but thats not really an issue as I prefer to keep using your plugin. its plain and simple and does all that i need .

I did find this... you go in to plug in / edit and choose who - Allowed to use the feature   Highlight admin or root admin.