How can you change the community URL in IPS4?

DChiuch

I'm trying to test an upgrade from IPS3 to IPS4, and would like to change my URL from whatever.com/forum/ to beta.whatever.com in the process. I've tried changing the address in conf_global.php, both before and after running the upgrade, but both methods lead to the same bug – after the upgrade, all CSS, images and JS files will fail to load, and the frontend source code shows that it's trying to load these addresses from an address that's like "http://beta.whatever.com/http://whatever.com/forum/uploads/", which obviously fails.

So in general terms, my question is, how can your change your community's URL in IPS4, and have all of the cache and stuff update correctly?

I'm trying to test an upgrade from IPS3 to IPS4, and would like to change my URL from whatever.com/forum/ to beta.whatever.com in the process. I've tried changing the address in conf_global.php, both before and after running the upgrade, but both methods lead to the same bug – after the upgrade, all CSS, images and JS files will fail to load, and the frontend source code shows that it's trying to load these addresses from an address that's like "http://beta.whatever.com/http://whatever.com/forum/uploads/", which obviously fails.

So in general terms, my question is, how can your change your community's URL in IPS4, and have all of the cache and stuff update correctly?

Failed for me also.  We need an external cache tool like in the past.  IPS told me to run admin CP support to clear the cache for an admin CP that wouldn't load. >_<

All you change is the global config file and nothing more.

I had to run a SQL query to recache for another issue.  

Now my URL has been the wrong one for a week now and maybe I am stuck using it now. I took over a forum with 700 members and they are cozy now.  Geez...  

have you rebuild cache furl?

I don't understand what to do after clicking "something is not working properly". How do I then go to the clear cache function? Keeping in mind that the admin CP loads without any JS, so maybe I'm not getting all of the options loaded.

Prior to the upgrade, you need to change the upload path in the ACP of IPB3 to the new one.

It will work after that.

Thanks, I'll try this if I can't work out a way to change it post-installation.

Failed for me also.  We need an external cache tool like in the past.  IPS told me to run admin CP support to clear the cache for an admin CP that wouldn't load. >_<

All you change is the global config file and nothing more.

I had to run a SQL query to recache for another issue.  

Now my URL has been the wrong one for a week now and maybe I am stuck using it now. I took over a forum with 700 members and they are cozy now.  Geez...  

Hmm, I'm trying to work out what needs to be changed in the database in order to make an SQL query to run, but I can't find anywhere where the wrong URL is stored. Did you have any luck?

Hmm, I'm trying to work out what needs to be changed in the database in order to make an SQL query to run, but I can't find anywhere where the wrong URL is stored. Did you have any luck?

Never tried it again.  But I think the query to clear the cache would make it work.  My admin CP was not loading so how can I run its support to do the caching?   Duh... huh?  I was given an ominous warning here about running it.  Can  delete everything in your DB from a typo.  But I say well, then just back up your DB.

You have been warned,,,  LOL..

UPDATE `core_tasks` SET `frequency`='P0Y0M0DT1H0M0S', `app`='core' WHERE `key`='clearcache';

I have a question for you.  This is a website that was given to me and I salvaged it.    It was loaded with trojans and ran on /.forums.  Any benefit to just keeping it on /forum?   Any cons?  The previous owner banned the googlebots.  So I am starting with a clean slate.  Should I just keep it in /forum?  But I have forums in the site name...    Would forum sound weird to you?

Never tried it again.  But I think the query to clear the cache would make it work.  My admin CP was not loading so how can I run its support to do the caching?   Duh... huh?  I was given an ominous warning here about running it.  Can  delete everything in your DB from a typo.  But I say well, then just back up your DB.

You have been warned,,,  LOL..

I have a question for you.  This is a website that was given to me and I salvaged it.    It was loaded with trojans and ran on /.forums.  Any benefit to just keeping it on /forum?   Any cons?  The previous owner banned the googlebots.  So I am starting with a clean slate.  Should I just keep it in /forum?  But I have forums in the site name...    Would forum sound weird to you?

Hmm, I ran that query but it didn't seem to do anything

As for your question, I don't think the general end user really cares whether a forum is installed at the root or at /forums. Personally, if the website URL has forums in the name then I think having it at the root makes more sense, but yeah, I don't think it really matters either way.

Hmm, I ran that query but it didn't seem to do anything

As for your question, I don't think the general end user really cares whether a forum is installed at the root or at /forums. Personally, if the website URL has forums in the name then I think having it at the root makes more sense, but yeah, I don't think it really matters either way.

Maybe I should just leave it.  I tried it again with the query also, and it failed for me too.  Also got my CHMODS all correct finally as a Suphp user.  This didn't help either.  

But the query did clear the cache and let me see what was going wrong.  Even though the site itself is working, and the admin cp is getting a server error, some of the graphics disappeared after the recache,  What this means is that the software is not automatically detecting the uploads location like they say it is.  But this is only part of the problem.  What about the admin CP?

Daniel try with:

http://yoursite.com/admin/?adsess=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&app=core&module=support&controller=support&_step=self_service&csrfKey=xxxxxxx&mr=MA==&form_submitted=1&type_of_problem_select=issue

it must start a multiredirect instantly i hope...

try also without

&mr=MA==

it not work without csrfKey params into url :(

if you are unabled to use admincp (unstyled...)

check with this query

SELECT *
FROM `core_file_storage`

and set them such as this: LAv8YxM.png

after this edit... recache the website

app=core&module=support&controller=support&_step=self_service

1. and check something not working...

2. reload page... and click on "Start"

tested locally after an upgrade a website ipb3.4 to ips4!

Archived