Outgoing emails not working SMTP

Ibai

Hi there,

I am trying to get this solved from the Client Support but unfortunately they are not giving me any help.

Is there anyone having trouble with outgoing email from the forum through SMTP in 4.0.11? I am not able to make it work, it not working. However, configuration is correct.

I have tried a small script with phpmailer with the same settings and it works. Furthermore, this was working in 3.4.x.

Anyone with issues? How can I solve this?

Regards,

Ibai

I already tried SSL with the same result :( 

When settings seems correct, it returns

A test email could not be sent. Check the settings entered are correct or contact your hosting or SMTP provider for more information. 

250 domain.net Hello domain.net [123.123.31.196]

• 4 weeks later...

In my case was with gmail. Invision changed something and i needed to substitute tls:// with ssl://

Can you point me in the direction of a setup guide to using Gmail? I am considering swapping from php mail to my Google Apps account instead.

If you are running SMTP from the same host as the board then using SMTP means that all the usual SMTP tags get appended. Domain keys signing etc which helps mails to not get rejected. When I used phpmail couldn't get it to add those kinds of headers in my hosting setup. Easiest thing is to set it both ways and send yourself a test email and examine the headers. Pick the one that works the best :)

Archived