Auto Reply to Topics

About This File

This plugin will create an auto reply to topics posted in specific forums. A new tab will be added in Forums (Admin CP) so you can choose in which forum will use the auto reply.

Per forum settings:

• Enable the Auto Reply
  • Increment Auto Reply Author content count
  • Lock the topic after the Auto Reply is posted
  • Auto Reply Author
  • Auto Reply Content

Previous Version:

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

• Shoot me a PM if you bought the previous version of this plugin and I'll add you to this file (no charge), so you can keep on using it. I have all buyers in a list, but if I forget to add someone, just let me know.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 10 months later...
1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

That already exists and it is called SAVED ACTIONS. Go to Forums -> Saved Actions.

This plugin here is for a quick feedback when you can't reply at the moment. It is like an automatic email message.

Oh, nice! I had no idea IPB 4.x implemented that. Thanks, Adriano! :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Hi @Adriano Faria just installed this update on my forum and I receive the following when trying to add auto reply.

IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'autoreply_postcount' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /home/user/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(836): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('UPDATE `forums_...', Array)
#1 /home/user/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(460): IPS\_Db->update('forums_forums', Array, Array)
#2 [internal function]: IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /home/user/public_html/init.php(434) : eval()'d code(51): call_user_func_array('parent::save', Array)
#4 /home/user/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(1999): IPS\Patterns\rules_hook_ipsPatternsActiveRecord->save()
#5 /home/user/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(2638): IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#6 /home/user/public_html/init.php(434) : eval()'d code(61): IPS\Node\_Model->saveForm(Array)
#7 /home/user/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(376): IPS\Node\rules_hook_ipsNodeModel->saveForm(Array)
#8 /home/user/public_html/applications/forums/modules/admin/forums/forums.php(124): IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#9 [internal function]: IPS\forums\modules\admin\forums\_forums->form()
#10 /home/user/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#11 /home/user/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(63): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#12 /home/user/public_html/applications/forums/modules/admin/forums/forums.php(40): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#13 /home/user/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\forums\modules\admin\forums\_forums->execute()
#14 /home/user/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#15 {main}
Unknown column 'autoreply_postcount' in 'field list'
UPDATE `forums_forums` forums_forums  SET `skin_id`=?,`viglink`=?,`can_view_others`=?,`permission_showtopic`=?,`show_rules`=?,`forum_allow_rating`=?,`disable_sharelinks`=?,`inc_postcount`=?,`allow_poll`=?,`autoreply_onoff`=?,`autoreply_postcount`=?,`autoreply_closetopic`=?,`autoreply_text`=?,`sub_can_post`=?,`redirect_on`=? WHERE id=? 
Array
(
    [0] => 0
    [1] => 
    [2] => 1
    [3] => 
    [4] => 0
    [5] => 
    [6] => 
    [7] => 1
    [8] => 1
    [9] => 1
    [10] => 
    [11] => 
    [12] => <p>
	<message removed>
    [13] => 1
    [14] => 
    [15] => 3
)

| File                                                                       | Function                                                                      | Line No.          |
 |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
 | /system/Db/Db.php                                                          | [IPS\Db\_Exception].__construct                                               | 388               |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | /system/Db/Db.php                                                          | [IPS\_Db].preparedQuery                                                       | 836               |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | /system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php                                          | [IPS\_Db].update                                                              | 460               |
 |                                                                            | [IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord].save                                             |                   |
 | /init.php(434) : eval()'d code                                             | [].call_user_func_array                                                       | 51                |
 | /system/Node/Model.php                                                     | [IPS\Patterns\rules_hook_ipsPatternsActiveRecord].save                        | 1999              |
 | /system/Node/Model.php                                                     | [IPS\Node\_Model].save                                                        | 2638              |
 | /init.php(434) : eval()'d code                                             | [IPS\Node\_Model].saveForm                                                    | 61                |
 | /system/Node/Controller.php                                                | [IPS\Node\rules_hook_ipsNodeModel].saveForm                                   | 376               |
 | /applications/forums/modules/admin/forums/forums.php                       | [IPS\Node\_Controller].form                                                   | 124               |
 |                                                                            | [IPS\forums\modules\admin\forums\_forums].form                                |                   |
 | /system/Dispatcher/Controller.php                                          | [].call_user_func                                                             | 85                |
 | /system/Node/Controller.php                                                | [IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller].execute                                          | 63                |
 | /applications/forums/modules/admin/forums/forums.php                       | [IPS\Node\_Controller].execute                                                | 40                |
 | /system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php                                          | [IPS\forums\modules\admin\forums\_forums].execute                             | 129               |
 | /admin/index.php                                                           | [IPS\_Dispatcher].run                                                         | 13                |

Edited by craigf136
4 minutes ago, craigf136 said:

just installed this update on my forum and I receive the following when trying to add auto reply.

This query is there when you install/upgrade the plugin. Not sure why it is missing the column. Run the following query on your SQL Toolbox:

ALTER TABLE forums_forums ADD autoreply_postcount tinyint(1) default 1;

If you use a DB prefix, add it to the table name (forums_forums).

if it doesn't fix, uninstall the plugin and reinstall it.

http://www.screencast.com/t/gyLgxh6axUi

• 3 months later...

I have fixed all my issues my self by going into the database and removing the columns manually from forums_forums and deleting the plugin folder. After that I was able to uninstall the plugin and then install it correctly!

Edited by Cabola
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am running into an issue with this plugin on IPB 4.2.5. I am running the 2.0.1 version of this plugin.

When I modify the forum settings in the ACP and specify the "Auto Reply Content" the content I enter gets duplicated on save. The duplication is separated by a comma. Additionally, the content in the editors is the same for both languages (I have two; default English and Greek.) Meaning it saves it for both. If I just put something in English it gets duplicated and put in both English and Greek. If I blank out the content in both editors it shows a comma. If I just put "test" into the first editor (English), it puts the following (comma included) into both English and Greek.

test

if I put "test" into English and "test2" into Greek, both editors show the below after save.

test

test2

I briefly looked into it and it doesn't appear that this plugin is properly setup for multiple languages (it stores the text on the forums table in a single column.) While it would be nice to be able to translate it properly like the forum description, right now I would settle for being able to put content in it without it duplicating.

Thoughts?

• 6 months later...