Auto Reply to Topics

Well, if that’s true, honestly I have no idea because the auto post is added AFTER the topic is created. It can’t be before because a reply needs an item (topic in this case) to exist. In 6 years of the existence of this plugin (it comes from IP.Board 3.3), that’s the very first time I hear this.

Anyway, “sometimes” is too vague to try to fix something virtually impossible to reproduce, due to the way it is build. So if you have more details to provide, I’ll be happy to take a look.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey @Adriano Faria

I've had this installed for a long time but never really used it, updated a few days ago and went to edit my one of my forums descriptions and got this error

UPDATE `forums_forums` forums_forums  SET `parent_id`=1,`icon`=NULL,`skin_id`='0',`can_view_others`=true,`permission_showtopic`=true,`show_rules`='2',`forum_allow_rating`=false,`disable_sharelinks`=true,`inc_postcount`=true,`allow_poll`=false,`autoreply_onoff`=false,`autoreply_postcount`=0,`autoreply_closetopic`=0,`autoreply_authorid`=NULL,`autoreply_text`=NULL,`sub_can_post`=true,`redirect_on`=false WHERE id=19 
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'autoreply_onoff' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /var/www/html/r239240/system/Db/Db.php(990): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Node\\_Mod...', Array)
#1 /var/www/html/r239240/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(492): IPS\_Db->update('`forums_forums`...', '`parent_id`=?,`...', 'WHERE id=?')
#2 /var/www/html/r239240/system/Node/Model.php(2219): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /var/www/html/r239240/system/Node/Model.php(3002): IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#4 /var/www/html/r239240/system/Node/Controller.php(413): IPS\Node\_Model->saveForm(Array)
#5 /var/www/html/r239240/applications/forums/modules/admin/forums/forums.php(122): IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#6 /var/www/html/r239240/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\forums\modules\admin\forums\_forums->form()
#7 /var/www/html/r239240/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /var/www/html/r239240/applications/forums/modules/admin/forums/forums.php(39): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#9 /var/www/html/r239240/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\forums\modules\admin\forums\_forums->execute()
#10 /var/www/html/r239240/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

I put in a ticket with IPS and Mark H said it was due to this plug in

I then tried to uninstall it and got this error

IPS\Db\Exception: Can't DROP 'autoreply_onoff'; check that column/key exists (1091)
#0 /var/www/html/r239240/system/Db/Db.php(1921): IPS\_Db->query('ALTER TABLE `fo...')
#1 /var/www/html/r239240/plugins/p5558907ef2/uninstall.php(10): IPS\_Db->dropColumn('forums_forums', 'autoreply_onoff')
#2 /var/www/html/r239240/system/Plugin/Plugin.php(534): require_once('/var/www/html/r...')
#3 /var/www/html/r239240/system/Node/Controller.php(1262): IPS\_Plugin->delete()
#4 /var/www/html/r239240/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\Node\_Controller->delete()
#5 /var/www/html/r239240/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /var/www/html/r239240/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/plugins.php(38): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#7 /var/www/html/r239240/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_plugins->execute()
#8 /var/www/html/r239240/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Edited by JustHatched
2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

You don't seem to have the columns in the forums table. Have you tried to uninstall and re install it?

I tried to uninstall it and got this error

IPS\Db\Exception: Can't DROP 'autoreply_onoff'; check that column/key exists (1091)
#0 /var/www/html/r239240/system/Db/Db.php(1921): IPS\_Db->query('ALTER TABLE `fo...')
#1 /var/www/html/r239240/plugins/p5558907ef2/uninstall.php(10): IPS\_Db->dropColumn('forums_forums', 'autoreply_onoff')
#2 /var/www/html/r239240/system/Plugin/Plugin.php(534): require_once('/var/www/html/r...')
#3 /var/www/html/r239240/system/Node/Controller.php(1262): IPS\_Plugin->delete()
#4 /var/www/html/r239240/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\Node\_Controller->delete()
#5 /var/www/html/r239240/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /var/www/html/r239240/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/plugins.php(38): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#7 /var/www/html/r239240/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_plugins->execute()
#8 /var/www/html/r239240/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Michael Goudreault said:

How would I mention the thread creators name in the auto-reply?

Not a feature in the current version.

1 minute ago, Michael Goudreault said:

Also how might I make it so the auto-reply doesn't show in thread activity? (i.e. In the forum list it'll still show that the original author created the thread - it won't show that the auto-reply was done).

Not possible. All posts made to a topic go to the activitiy streams.

That's not something I can control on my plugin. It is a FORUMS app feature.

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

Not a feature in the current version.

Not possible. All posts made to a topic go to the activitiy streams.

Ah alright,

but surely there is a way to block all of the auto-replies from going to the activity stream. (i.e. Make a forum bot group, and any account in that group doesn't get posted to activity stream)?

• 1 year later...

Hi. Please help with your useful add-on.

I set an automatic reply to specific forums and in auto responder it displays the image that I set 2 times,
accompanied by a comma in between.

When I edit the forum again, it appears and there the auto replay photo 2 times (while I have saved one).

Would you like to see it and tell me what could be wrong?

Thank you in advance.

image.png.bf3b931c2ce8b7e900dfd9e2669f5e79.png

image.thumb.png.7c12501b5ead92fc00a0b0c8ecd4e9e9.png