Terms of Service

Adriano Faria

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/22/2015, 6:48:17, Adriano Faria said:

I use this on my live site, which has validation, and I can't reproduce it. Works fine for me. I had this when using READ THAT TOPIC ANNOUNCEMENT but it's fixed.

What other apps/plugins you have installed? Probably it's a incompatibility thing.

I was able to reproduce this on my live site, Php 5.6.15 , Curl Enabled, rest of the ips requirements met. 

• Plugins
    • Cookie Notice - Disabled during testing
    • Sign in Through steam
    • Site Name on Admin CP
    • Birthday on Registration
    • Stop Forum Spam - Disabled
    • 2 Custom inhouse nexus/commerce plugins for ingame reasons
  • Applications
    • System
    • Forums
    • Pages
    • Calendar
    • Commerce
    • PM Viewer
    • Terms Of Service

After having the issue of redirect loop attempting to sign into steam, or register with steam. It will perform a redirect loop. I noticed this also on @Devin De Frisco 's site, and also @ucjohn 's site as well. Both sites I told them to disable the TOS app, and the redirect loop dissipated, re-enable and it will come back. As for their specific addons they will need to provide that, as I don't have constant admin access for them.

Hello,

I was able to produce it several times on our website I disabled it and the issue went away.

PHP 5.4.45, All IPS Requirements Met.

• Applications
    • VizionGM 1.0.6
    • Bim Chatbox 1.1.7
    • Auto Welcome 2.4.5
    • Videos 3.1.7
    • Birthday Greeter 1.4.1
    • (SD) Pages 2.0.1
    • Terms of Service (Disabled) 3.0.1
  • Plugins
    • Go to Top
    • Unread Topic Badge
    • Sliding Facebook Fanpage
    • Total Time Spent Online
    • Who Was Online
    • Suite Version in ACP
    • BD4 Group Legend
    • Insert Nick
    • Secondary Group Images
    • Sign In through Steam
    • Site Name on ACP
    • Enhanced Joined Date
    • Cookie Notice (Not Causing Issue)

I've tried doing eliminate 1 by 1 and I disabled all leaving TOS enabled with "steam/Twitter/etc Handles" it would cause a redirect loop. I had @MADMAN32395 Test it on his site and a few others and we all encounter the same issue with TOS application.

I'm not blaming other resource. I want to know if the redirect happens in other login handler or if this an event FROM ALL login hanflers. I'm not saying the error ISN'T on my app. I simply won't install or create a login somewhere else to test a free resource. If not works for you, then uninstall it.

Edit: will see the error on uninstall.

36 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I'm not blaming other resource. I want to know if the redirect happens in other login handler or if this an event FROM ALL login hanflers. I'm not saying the error ISN'T on my app. I simply won't install or create a login somewhere else to test a free resource. If not works for you, then uninstall it.

Edit: will see the error on uninstall.

so what if one of your clients would like to use the app but uses a 3rd party login (such as facebook, twitter, or steam, etc.)?

2 minutes ago, MADMAN32395 said:

so what if one of your clients would like to use the app but uses a 3rd party login (such as facebook, twitter, or steam, etc.)?

File edited on MP:

Note:

• INCOMPATIBLE with 3rd party login (such as facebook, twitter, or steam, etc.).

You're not my client. This is a free resource.

I'll come back to this when I have some free time. I got TONS and TONS of things to deliver.

If that's not a reasonable solution for you, you're free to hire someone to make one that fits your needs.

Thank you.

17 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

File edited on MP:

You're not my client. This is a free resource.

I'll come back to this when I have some free time. I got TONS and TONS of things to deliver.

If that's not a reasonable solution for you, you're free to hire someone to make one that fits your needs.

Thank you.

might want to slow down on the production then and focus on quality. because your other app (PM Viewer) has the same bug with uninstall... and that is a PAID addon, so i am your CLIENT.

That is unless you are willing to make the pm viewer free, and refund me. that way i am no longer your client.

48 minutes ago, MADMAN32395 said:

because your other app (PM Viewer) has the same bug with uninstall... and that is a PAID addon, so i am your CLIENT.

True. Maybe something has changed on IPS 4.1. I installed and uninstalled this hundred of times on my board and in other client's board.

Anyway, PM Viewer support is via PM, as stated on file and I have two PMs from you. One regarding PM Viewer but it was another issue, a restriction issue on your part, precisely, that came back and forth some times. Then I continued the conversation regarding a change on IPS 4.1 that killed the pagination; IPS fixed on 4.1.4. If you don't let me know IT HAS a problem, I can't guess. I don't spend my days uninstalling and installing my apps.

Will be fixed now. Thank you for letting me know. You should have done this before.

You're stuck with in a redirect loop with the system as it's possible to register accounts without an email, which will then prompt IPB to ask for an email from the user.

All you need to do is check for the existence of an email in your tosCheck.php hook before attempting to redirect. Updating line 9 to the following resolved it for me:

if ( \IPS\Settings::i()->tos_enabled AND \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id AND \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->email AND $this->controllerLocation === 'front' AND !\IPS\Request::i()->isAjax() )

10 hours ago, Lavo said:

You're stuck with in a redirect loop with the system as it's possible to register accounts without an email, which will then prompt IPB to ask for an email from the user.

All you need to do is check for the existence of an email in your tosCheck.php hook before attempting to redirect. Updating line 9 to the following resolved it for me:

if ( \IPS\Settings::i()->tos_enabled AND \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id AND \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->email AND $this->controllerLocation === 'front' AND !\IPS\Request::i()->isAjax() )

Thanks @Lavo I've update this inside that file the "Redirect Loop" error for all login handlers is now gone people are able to register and use the @Adriano Faria TOS app without issues.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2015 at 0:23 PM, Morisato said:

I think there's an error with your file, Adriano. It cannot be install/uploaded via the ACP since it's not a valid tar file, it's a zip file. Chances of providing a tar installation file via the ACP?

you need to unzip and use the tar in the zip.

---------------------------------------------------------------

waiting for @Adriano Faria to update using what lavo posted, that way this plugin is compatible with 3rd party logins such as facebook, twitter, steam, etc.

https://community.invisionpower.com/topic/410868-terms-of-service/?do=findComment&comment=2600037

On 13/12/2015 at 4:23 PM, Morisato said:

I think there's an error with your file, Adriano. It cannot be install/uploaded via the ACP since it's not a valid tar file, it's a zip file. Chances of providing a tar installation file via the ACP?

The file has 270 downloads. I would bet that this topic would be flooded with claims if such problem exists.

Anyway, I will try it tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, MADMAN32395 said:

waiting for @Adriano Faria to update using what lavo posted,

If you're waiting for this, you're wasting your time.

I have absolutely NO intention (or time) to handle with this app now. For those who wants, make the file edit and be happy.

Adriano, I wasn't complaining. Just wondering if there were plans to include a tar compressed file so that users can install it via the ACP, instead of having to upload the files to their server. I'm actually digging the new method for installing applications and plugins.

Just now, Morisato said:

Adriano, I wasn't complaining. Just wondering if there were plans to include a tar compressed file so that users can install it via the ACP, instead of having to upload the files to their server. I'm actually digging the new method for installing applications and plugins.

you don't have to upload files seperatly, just download the zip to your computer. unzip it. then in the ACP upload the .tar that you got from the zip.

the zip contains a readme thats why its zipped as well. 

11 minutes ago, Morisato said:

I didn't said that. It wasn't me. This app is like any other app to IPS4: upload the .tar on Applications and you're done.

Can't believe it. I uploaded the wrong file. :lol: I guess now my question is how to edit the warning text that displays this message: Please, read carefully those terms of service. You are required to agree with our terms in order to proceed. I'd like to customize it to my community.

1 hour ago, Morisato said:

Can't believe it. I uploaded the wrong file. :lol: I guess now my question is how to edit the warning text that displays this message: Please, read carefully those terms of service. You are required to agree with our terms in order to proceed. I'd like to customize it to my community.

It is a language bit. Go to your ACP -> Customizations -> Language -> your language -> Translate.

Search for the text and change it to whatever you want.

Archived