Terms of Service

Adriano Faria

SOS-1430671725-U1.png

About This File

This application will require members in selected groups to agree to special Terms of Service before being able to view and use the site. You can require a specific or all members to agree again to terms using 2 availables tools on Admin CP or directly on member profile on front end.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SOS-1430671725-U1.png

About This File

This application will require members in selected groups to agree to special Terms of Service before being able to view and use the site. You can require a specific or all members to agree again to terms using 2 availables tools on Admin CP or directly on member profile on front end.

​Hello.

Questions:
- Will this appear for all members once installed, or will only certain members get it when I select so?
- It creates a new menu item, which I don't want. How can I disable this?

Ok, I copy-pasted 20 pages of word document and while in the AdminCP TOS settings page the document is retained, in the front end only about 3+1/2 pages are shown and then it's cut, stopping abruptly.

I guess you should check it out with long texts and do it as I suggested with scrolling up and down.

Ok, I copy-pasted 20 pages of word document and while in the AdminCP TOS settings page the document is retained, in the front end only about 3+1/2 pages are shown and then it's cut, stopping abruptly.

I guess you should check it out with long texts and do it as I suggested with scrolling up and down.

​Also make it where the option to Agree doesn't activate until they hit the bottom.

​Also make it where the option to Agree doesn't activate until they hit the bottom.

​I want to do it as it is on 3.4: it has a timer configurable on a setting. The AGREE button appears only after X seconds. But play with JQuery now it's not so easy and I can't waste much time, due to other apps I need to deliver.

What's the difference between this app 'Terms of Service 3.0.0' and this 'Registration Terms & Rules Before Register Screen 2.0.0'?

I understand the time constraints, looking for a release of Tutorials sometime soon.

Terms of Service will  make members agree after register the account. You can also make the member or all members agree again if you change the terms; while the other appears once on register screen.

Could also say that "Registration Terms & Rules Before Register Screen 2.0.0" uses the boards build in ToS and make that show before you register your account. It basically just moves it's position in the queue when registering.

Where "Terms of Service 3.0.0" is custom you enter the text they should agree upon after they are registered. So ex. if you update your ToS or Rules you could enter that into this and force people to read only the updated part and agree to it. That way your members will always be up to date with your Terms and Rules etc.

Hi Adrian,

I've just downloaded this file but I don't see no .XML file within the .zip

Screenshots, readme.html (says simply upload the .xml) and a .rar folder with folders and files in (I can't see no .xml in there either).

Log in to your IP.Board Admin CP and visit the System tab -> Plugins -> Install New Plugin. Browse to the XML file included with these instructions and click Open.

Hi Adrian,

I've just downloaded this file but I don't see no .XML file within the .zip

Screenshots, readme.html (says simply upload the .xml) and a .rar folder with folders and files in (I can't see no .xml in there either).

Log in to your IP.Board Admin CP and visit the System tab -> Plugins -> Install New Plugin. Browse to the XML file included with these instructions and click Open.

​Readme.html fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • For some reason the word "Terms" in the navigation can not be translated. Whenever I try it returns back to "Terms".

True. Open applications\tos\extensions\core\FrontNavigation\tos.php and find:

return \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->addToStack('app_title');

Change to:

return \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->addToStack('__app_tos');

After that you're able to translate it on ACP or via Quick Translating.

• Link to Terms remains in the navigation even if ToS is disabled.

This is working as it should. Anyway, on same file above, find:

return \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->canAccessModule( \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'tos', 'tos' ) );

Change to:

return !\IPS\Application::load('tos')->hide_tab AND \IPS\Settings::i()->tos_enabled AND \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->canAccessModule( \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'tos', 'tos' ) );

Both fixes + text delimiter/scroller will be on next version

Archived