Terms of Service

Adriano Faria

I just think it's a duplicate link, since the navigation tab will appear on all pages as well but ​I can add this, no problem...

​Thanks, current if I look on this IPS page I can't see easy(ly) a link to the TOS. So having it at the base in plain site is a plus in my book! Thanks for adding it!! I like to hide it from the navigation tab and just have it as a footer. It would keep the navigation not bug with so many links.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great app, there is one problem however.
If you require members to validate their accounts with email, and require the member group to agree to the ToS the page won't load.
Core tries to redirect the member to the "Validation page", the app tries to redirect the member to the ToS, resulting in a loop.

Great app, there is one problem however.
If you require members to validate their accounts with email, and require the member group to agree to the ToS the page won't load.
Core tries to redirect the member to the "Validation page", the app tries to redirect the member to the ToS, resulting in a loop.

​Then don't require validate to use the app. If the core REQUIRES a redirect, there isn't much I can do.

​Then don't require validate to use the app. If the core REQUIRES a redirect, there isn't much I can do.

​There actually is, you can add 

AND !\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->members_bitoptions['validating']

is tosCheck.php, done that on my end. Just was telling you for other users :)

​There actually is, you can add 

AND !\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->members_bitoptions['validating']

is tosCheck.php, done that on my end. Just was telling you for other users :)

​I will remove VALIDATING users from selected groups. There's no sense it appears there and you remove to remove them via script.

​I will remove VALIDATING users from selected groups. There's no sense it appears there and you remove to remove them via script.

​Validating member group was removed during the upgrade for me :o, all validating members are in the same group as normal members, at least for me.

What's New in Version 3.0.1:

• Fixed the error with Validating members (redirect loop)
  • Fixed the error with app navigation link translating
  • Adjusted permissions to hide the app navigation link when the app is disabled
  • Added the TOS text inside a scrollable area, so you can use long texts without make the page huge
  • Added a link to TOS on pages footer beside Contact Us link (new setting; default to disabled)
  • Added back the SECONDS setting. This will be the time that the button to agree to terms will take to appear to the user, forcing the TOS reading.

Great news and a couple of things:

1) Maybe a way to change the "Terms of Service" string to the right of Contact Us.

2) While the scroll works great (thanks), I still have some kind of problem with the length of the text, it gets cut after some point even in the settings. I don't know if this is a db issue of IPB or your text field. In any case if you want I can PM you with the word file and try it on your dev machine.

1) Maybe a way to change the "Terms of Service" string to the right of Contact Us

If you use Quick Tranlating or translating via ACP, it will change. It uses the same wording from app navigation link title.

2) While the scroll works great (thanks), I still have some kind of problem with the length of the text, it gets cut after some point even in the settings. I don't know if this is a db issue of IPB or your text field. In any case if you want I can PM you with the word file and try it on your dev machine.

I don't. Tested with a 21 pages Doc, not all pages full, but come on, you need to be reasonable here! Do you REALLY think that someone will read a TOS with 22 pages?!? You need to review your concepts of rules.

One more detail on it: I just tested it online ( http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/tos/ ) with a 24 pages DOC. The setting saved 22 pages with some lines on last page. Public side showed exacly the same content.

So it reached the limit for that field. Simple as that. It is a field available in framework. There's nothing I can do here.

If you use Quick Tranlating or translating via ACP, it will change. It uses the same wording from app navigation link title.

I don't. Tested with a 21 pages Doc, not all pages full, but come on, you need to be reasonable here! Do you REALLY think that someone will read a TOS with 22 pages?!? You need to review your concepts of rules.

Unfortunately I don't get to decide. It's what my lawyer told me to use. I know it's rediculus but it's just that.

One more detail on it: I just tested it online ( http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/tos/ ) with a 24 pages DOC. The setting saved 22 pages with some lines on last page. Public side showed exacly the same content.

So it reached the limit for that field. Simple as that. It is a field available in framework. There's nothing I can do here.

I tried with english text and it works fine for many pages (around 30).

But I use Greek characters and when I copy-paste (as plain text) I get only 7 pages. The script shows what is saved correctly. Only 7 pages are saved and that's what you're presented to agree. So I guess there is something wrong with the field or my table/field? Is there something I can check into the db just to make sure?

Any idea what to check out? any hints?

No and there's nothing I can do. I'm using a tool available in the framework:

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Translatable( 'tos_text', \IPS\Settings::i()->tos_text, TRUE, array( 'app' => 'tos', 'key' => 'tos_text_value', 'editor' => array( 'app' => 'tos', 'key' => 'TosText', 'autoSaveKey' => 'TosText', 'attachIds' => array( NULL, NULL, 'tos_text' ), 'minimize' => 'tos_text_placeholder' ) ), NULL, NULL, NULL, 'tos_text' ) );

So if something should be done, like raise the field limit, it's in the framework, not on any 3rd party app.

FYI I copy-pasted the 20 pages into a post and it worked fine within a thread.

As I told you, I managed to make it work with 22,5 pages on settings. Also displayed 22,5 on app front-end.

Let me know if you want me make a screenvideo, since you seem not to believe me.

• 1 month later...

What a visually nice and functional app! Thank you! :smile:

Suggestion
Is it possible to enable the TOS at all times, so that all groups (or selected groups) can view it anytime, BUT only selected groups are required to agree to the terms?

The way it is currently is the TOS is disabled for any group that is not required to agree to the TOS.

--------------

I hid the TOS navigation link, and since I have custom links in the footer I disabled the footer link in ACP and added it in manually. :)

It is available all the time by clicking on its nav link. You removed it.

Sorry, I meant the footer link. It disappears. :unsure:

Edited: Ah never mind. I just removed the "if" statement in the footer template. :D

Edited #2: To hide the link when TOS is disabled I re-added that part of the if so it's

{{if \IPS\Settings::i()->tos_enabled AND \IPS\Settings::i()->tos_globallink}}

:smile:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived