(NB40) Recent Forum Images (Attachments)

Since the sidebar is a fixed with, my recommendation would be to make either 1 or 2 columns of images, depending on the width chosen for them. I use 100px for the width, so 2 columns side-by-side, showing some input number of images would be great. I can draw a mockup if that doesn't make sense.

9 hours ago, eGullet said:

Since the sidebar is a fixed with, my recommendation would be to make either 1 or 2 columns of images, depending on the width chosen for them. I use 100px for the width, so 2 columns side-by-side, showing some input number of images would be great. I can draw a mockup if that doesn't make sense.

It will be slider or list of images? Or maybe new setting "On/Off slider"

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My members love this plugin, particularly now that I can put it in the sidebar. Of course, since they love it they have ideas for how to make it even better :) -- here are a couple of suggestions from them:

1. They would prefer that the Alt text when you hover over the image be the name of the discussion topic, rather than just "Go to post".
  2. They want more! A way to create a whole page of these, letting them go back even further in time. I know, that's a much bigger task (probably an app, not a plugin).
  • 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Richard Davey said:

Just bought this plugin and really like it. I would like to do the following:

1. Remove the text 'Recent Forum Images' (just remove that whole bar)
  2. Have the thumbnails go to the 'Post Link' URL instead of opening up at all

Either of these possible somehow?

Hello,

1. Edit the template nbRecentForumImagesAttaches. ACP - Customization - Themes - Skin - core - global - plugins - nbAttachmentsBlocksRows

Find and remove 

<h3 class='ipsWidget_title ipsType_reset'>{setting="nb_rfi_title"}</h3>

2. See plugin settings

rfi.thumb.jpg.b64fcb68a6a8b5b1193572e682

Edited by newbie LAC
  • 1 month later...
On 3/8/2016 at 6:04 AM, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

What you mean?

I would love to have a scroll box of images in a subforum... but limit the images to a tag we've given the images.

For example, a subforum for one of our designers... and then an image box showcasing only their work. Does that help?

7 hours ago, Antoinette Westberry said:

I would love to have a scroll box of images in a subforum... but limit the images to a tag we've given the images.

For example, a subforum for one of our designers... and then an image box showcasing only their work. Does that help?

tag = user?

Show user's attachments in certain forum. Right?

Ok, from what Ive read it appears to be compatible, so Ive bought it. One problem Ive found is that it can't display images from a subforum? So if I want it to display images from a forum such as this: Category; General chat. Forum: Members cars. Subforum: Members civics. which would be General chat/Members cars/Members Civics, it wont display them. I've tried it using other categories/forums, and it displays them ok. But if it's a subforum of a forum it won't work. Also, if I add it to a particular forum (Using the widget), say General chat/latest news, the widget is displayed throughout every forum? I only want it to display in in the forum I choose. Any way around this?

Thanks,

Dave

Edited by crazzzydave
8 hours ago, crazzzydave said:

Thanks Newbie LAC, just went and checked and you're right that it does it for all widgets. So one for IPS to maybe look into if possible. Kinda defeats the way I want to use the widgets.

I can tell you the trick to show widget in certain forum. PM me if you need it.

8 hours ago, crazzzydave said:

Looking forward to the fix for the recent forum images though. ;-)

If you mean "One problem Ive found is that it can't display images from a subforum?" I fixed it already. Version 1.0.6.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, BlueEye said:

Hi Newbie LAC - is there a template key that would allow me to add this block to a custom page that does not have the site wrapper enabled? 

Thanks -
Chad

Hello,

Main template is nbRecentForumImagesAttaches

If your page created with app Pages I think you can create a block, then use

{block="some_key"}

Edited by newbie LAC