Default Captcha(require GD) removed?

icedream

I just check and cannot find it anymore in IPS4. Do you remove it?

Just writing to say that google recaptcha and keycaptcha take so long time to load their js, or even fail to load in some cases...So, would you kindly please add local captcha back?

We did indeed. That captcha method was written some years ago, and though we carried it over, today's bots are able to crack it quite easily.

My experience is that recaptcha and keycaptcha are both very fast. It sounds like something may be wrong if you are experiencing a significant delay or even failure. If you submit a support request we can take a look :) 

We did indeed. That captcha method was written some years ago, and though we carried it over, today's bots are able to crack it quite easily.

My experience is that recaptcha and keycaptcha are both very fast. It sounds like something may be wrong if you are experiencing a significant delay or even failure. If you submit a support request we can take a look :)

​Hi, Mark. May I request adding it back....Sadly, in China, we cannot access recaptcha or keycaptcha.:sad:

I just check and cannot find it anymore in IPS4. Do you remove it?

Just writing to say that google recaptcha and keycaptcha take so long time to load their js, or even fail to load in some cases...So, would you kindly please add local captcha back?

​I'm glad it's not just me who had problems with other CAPTCHAs. The Google one seems really great because it's so simple, but half the time it doesn't even load and thus people can't post/sign up etc. I had problems with KEY too so I just use RECAPTCHA 1 which at least works pretty smoothly.

• 11 months later...
On 3/18/2015 at 8:51 AM, icedream said:

Hi, Mark. May I request adding it back....Sadly, in China, we cannot access recaptcha or keycaptcha.:sad:

@icedream, have you been able to come up with an alternative solution in regards to a self-hosted CAPTCHA (perhaps a custom modification)? I'm still contemplating on whether to use IP.Suite 4.x or IP.Board 3.4.9 for an upcoming project, and this is an important factor in my decision.

23 hours ago, Haku2 said:

@icedream, have you been able to come up with an alternative solution in regards to a self-hosted CAPTCHA (perhaps a custom modification)? I'm still contemplating on whether to use IP.Suite 4.x or IP.Board 3.4.9 for an upcoming project, and this is an important factor in my decision.

No:sad:

Archived