Enable status feed by default? Users cannot use global status feed by default...very confusing.

Ryan Thomas

Hey guys,

So I decided to open my site today but noticed that the global status feed does not work for new users.  They have to go into their profile and manually click on "enable status feed" to even post on the global status feed.

So, is there anyway to enable the status feed for all users by default or at least allow them to post on the global status feed so they do not have to go in and manually enable it on their profile every time?

Thanks for the help!

@LaCollision and everyone else, I have attached the enable status feed plugin to this topic for you guys so that you can download it.  Just install it as a plugin onto your IP 4.0 board and enjoy!

Btw, if you would like to enable the status feed automatically for existing users, just run the following SQL query by going to  ACP => system =>support like so:

ipboard-how-to-run-sql-query.thumb.jpg.1

Run the following SQL query to update existing members so that their status feeds are updated automatically:

update ipb_core_members set pp_setting_count_comments = 1, create_menu = '';

Anyways, don't thank me....thank the programmer who took on the job!

Enjoy :) ​

status updates activated by default.xml

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
1 minute ago, Simon Woods said:

Weird! I'm using an old version of the plugin I linked to and it is working, though that probably won't last. I'll test out the latest version and report back.

Latest version definitely doesn't work on it's own, without the first plugin linked above, but let me know if you have better luck.

Turns out I've been using the latest version for a while now, since the original author updated the plugin. I'm not sure if the Marketplace file has the updated version (though it should be, judging by the version number I can see in my ACP) but the author posted about it here: 

I'll perform a test with a new account just to make sure and post back.

2 hours ago, David.. said:

Wonder what's the reasoning behind this and why it's not by default ?

A good question. There are features in the plugin I use that I would never assume are disabled by default.

15 minutes ago, Simon Woods said:

Turns out I've been using the latest version for a while now, since the original author updated the plugin. I'm not sure if the Marketplace file has the updated version (though it should be, judging by the version number I can see in my ACP) but the author posted about it here: 

I confirm this version is working:

@The Dark Wizard, why don't you update the file?

Archived