how to translate Day names

Khalat Jalal

I have a problem with translating day names because it takes the language locale to name the day and no phrases has been found on the language system which related to day names, for example if I've added a language with arabic system locale, all day names and ckeditors language will be translated to arabic, but actualy I don't want that, how do i translate it as a language phrases.

You are right... I didn't noticed that, because i translated it exatcly like the locale. I changed it to a wrong name and it still shows the right one.
I also created a new language without any translation and it shows the right german locale definitions.

So it seems, IPS4 is ignoring the values of day_0. etc.-phrases. Hmm...  Don't know, if this is a bug or works-as-designed.

Aw man ... I can't get my locale stored on my server because it gets removed every time the hosting company updates its software. I thought for a second that this was the solution to work around it :(

Out of interest, if these details are still pulled through from the locale, then where within the suite are these keywords used? Why would we need to specify that the short form of day_0 is Sun or whatever if what is displayed depends on what the locale says?

Just to understand it right: When I use a translation to my native language but my site is hosted in another country, where the native language is different, I get only the day names of the "country language" displayed? Please not.......

​No, it uses the locale of the Operatingsystem for that Country you choose during creating a new language. So, if you add a language - let's say french - it checks the locale of the OS for that (in my case CentOS). Even if your server is located in the USA, you may also able to use the german locale, as long they are installed correctly (Even if it's not the server's default locale).
But if you wish to change a locale in IPS4 (let's say, i want to rename "Montag" to "Bad Day"), it's ignored by IPS4. I am able to Change this in the locale of the server, but then it's not included in the IPS4-translation and - as mentioned by meddysong - this will be lost after major OS-Upgrades.

Archived