Some Stripe systems don't work.

I added these alternative payment methods via Stripe where they are active and configured but when I try to pay, I receive the error:

An error occurred while processing the payment. Try a different payment method or contact us for assistance.

Payments by credit card and Paypal work without problems, the errors are only present with the alternative systems that I added yesterday, marked in the red box:

image.png?ex=6641558d&is=6640040d&hm=93bb53fc5592c33d982231cc701aa174d0c4ff5607d2511f769f290ce6fc0c98&

When I created these payment methods I inserted these values by copying them from the existing one I already had (working):

• Stripe secret key
  • Stripe public key
  • Webhook Signing Secret

Questions:

1.  Could this be the problem? I can't find any errors in the logs in ACP.
  2. I noticed that in my stripe The WebHook is set to use a fairly old API version: 02-28-2018. Is this correct or should we choose the new 10-04-2024?

Thank you

You would need to make sure you meet the restrictions for those payments methods and have them correctly setup in your Stripe account. 

For example, Alipay is only available for Chinese customers: Alipay payments | Stripe Documentation

It is to note that the APIs for some of these are getting deprecated by Stripe so they may not be accepting new users to use them and actually going to be removing them soon. We will have an update soon to remove those which will no longer be supported and to support the newer APIs for those which will.

Hi, from the Stripe documentation it says that payment is available in Switzerland (where I am) and that EUR currency is accepted.

It's only about customers in China, not about sellers.

I can't find the point that prohibits me from using this method, which I repeat, in my Stripe is active and configured correctly, otherwise they themselves would not have shown the green check next to that payment method, as you can see in the screenshot in attached.

I went ahead with the tests and I've changed plubic key (one for all) and all private keys (created one for each payment), i've also changed Webhook key (one for all) but the problem remains.

Apple pay / Google Pay also works!

Don't work:

• Alipay
  • Bancontact
  • Giropay
  • iDEAL
  • Sofort

A Chinese user can be connected and pay online from different places, even here from Switzerland, I don't think there is any geographical restriction, also the error should specify it.

Instead, the same error also appears on other payment systems (Bancontact, Giropay, iDEAL, Sofort), which have nothing to do with China, so I think this is not the problem.

The problem seems to be with the API keys....

7 minutes ago, modman said:

also the error should specify it.

This would be detailed in Stripe.

8 minutes ago, modman said:

The problem seems to be with the API keys....

Would read what I stated above as well:

59 minutes ago, Jim M said:

It is to note that the APIs for some of these are getting deprecated by Stripe so they may not be accepting new users to use them and actually going to be removing them soon. We will have an update soon to remove those which will no longer be supported and to support the newer APIs for those which will.