error upgrading to beta 3

sasiko

when i attempt to start with a new upgrade from the beginning i now receive totally different error

Query #ID 4 Unknown column 'sys_module_admin' in 'where clause' UPDATE `core_modules` SET `sys_module_area`=? WHERE sys_module_admin=1

I am getting a generic 500 error after uploading beta 3 files over beta 2. Where does IPB store its error logs? 

​Probably that's because there is a folder that needs to exist and it was not uploaded (didn't exist on the zip file).

Try creating a folder "datastore" (without quotes) on root and chmod it to 777.

I'm having lots of problems with Beta 3.  First of all, the datastore folder didn't exist so the upgrade failed.  I created the folder and the upgrade seemed to work from the Admin CP point of view.  But, then I got errors when visiting the site as attempts were made to update the database tables with changes that were already made.  So, I zapped the queries.json files in the applications/upg_* folders then I got a syntax error in an SQL query.  That.s when I gave uo for now.

-- Roger

not sure if this is relevant to all people with this problem but I also got the same error on upgrade (at the applications stage). After that I searched here and read this thread and a couple of others then noticed that pages (which I had also installed) had upgraded its beta. I downloaded that file and uploaded it via ftp to my dev site then tried again and it resolved the installation issue but now gives me a white page on the front end

This seems to be the error in the log (repeated many times)

[02-Dec-2014 20:05:05 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use object of type IPS\Db\Select as array in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/system/Theme/Theme.php(558) : eval()'d code on line 1719

putting pages offline or uninstalling it has no effect

not sure if this is relevant to all people with this problem but I also got the same error on upgrade (at the applications stage). After that I searched here and read this thread and a couple of others then noticed that pages (which I had also installed) had upgraded its beta. I downloaded that file and uploaded it via ftp to my dev site then tried again and it resolved the installation issue but now gives me a white page on the front end

This seems to be the error in the log (repeated many times)

[02-Dec-2014 20:05:05 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use object of type IPS\Db\Select as array in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/system/Theme/Theme.php(558) : eval()'d code on line 1719

putting pages offline or uninstalling it has no effect

​Already reported: http://community.invisionpower.com/4bugtrack/beta-3-upgrade-error-r420/

so do anyone actually have a working beta 3 lol?

if fixes are applied only in beta 4 then beta 3 is pretty much useless if no one can test it and report the bug if u cant upgrade without any issue

​Agreed. Beta 3b should be released so we can actually test the release ;)

so do anyone actually have a working beta 3 lol?

if bug fixes are applied only in beta 4 then beta 3 is pretty much useless if no one can test it and report bug if u cant get a functional website?

​I am waiting for the next release whatever it is called -  beta 3 or beta 3b or beta 4.

The bug that I reported is still not resolved at this time.

Archived