Serious User Interface update

cloudy

IPS 4 is already significantly faster in testing and uses much less memory.

Can you share some speed test results without sharing any look :)

Lets compare to current IPB style

Document Complete	Fully Loaded
Load Time	First Byte	Start Render	Speed Index	DOM Elements	Time	Requests	Bytes In	Time	Requests	Bytes In
First View	1.660s	0.458s	0.611s	897	979	1.660s	68	343 KB	1.760s	68	343 KB
Repeat View	1.022s	0.439s	0.603s	615	981	1.022s	3	15 KB	1.022s	3	15 K

I agree IPB 3.4.5 which I recently shifted from my old SMF 2.0 forum is comparatively slow. Yes, SMF was not having these many features as that of IPB but it used to load amazingly faster like a basic html file. For now I am using maxCDN with my IPB install to faster some aspect but still not upto the expectation. Xenforo on the other end is faster than IPB.

Note: I am discussing about the load time and not any features.

then you havent figured out how to optimize it, its actually really easy! dont use shared hosting with IPB, or any website thats not a rinky dink blog. don't use a whole bunch of useless plugins or apps. if you want to use big boy software use big boy hosting too. I am on a lowly VPS and my pages load in less than 1.5 seconds or faster. really cant ask for much better for such nice software.

There are a ton of things you can do to improve loading times in 3.x, however this isn't really the place to discuss such things.

We will be heavily profiling and analyzing 4.0 before release, but we're not at that stage right now. As Matt said, this will come in due course.

Archived