Marketplace

GreenLinks

Hello ,

Maybe this is a pain all contributors facing but i am having huge issues with Marketplace

Not having trust against contributors is not good. Having their comments approved is not a good way to show trust against contributors.

Anyone who submits a file should not have to await his comment published on his own item.

You mean you'd want to moderate your own comments ? :smile:

The issues with that really (although I'd like to hear the official stance on this too) would be:

If a contributor is away for a period those submitting feedback may wonder where it was and if it was just deleted.

I can see in theory why you'd want this although there is the impartiality issue too, ie would you really be willing to approve a review of your resource that you did not like if it was actually true ?

I check for new comments / reviews every day, at least a couple of times. I actually have a shortcut on mydesktop for them to save going through the MCP. I daresay the other MP mods will frequent the pending comments frequently too.

EDIT... Re-read your topic again, did you mean your own comments ? That I can understand. :smile:

You mean you'd want to moderate your own comments ? :smile:

The issues with that really (although I'd like to hear the official stance on this too) would be:

If a contributor is away for a period those submitting feedback may wonder where it was and if it was just deleted.

I can see in theory why you'd want this although there is the impartiality issue too, ie would you really be willing to approve a review of your resource that you did not like if it was actually true ?

I check for new comments / reviews every day, at least a couple of times. I actually have a shortcut on mydesktop for them to save going through the MCP. I daresay the other MP mods will frequent the pending comments frequently too.

I think he means we have to await approval of our comments on our own files, could be wrong.

Marcher gets it right , i dislike that a lot. Honestly if that will not change , highly possible i will not going to release anything further.

So then don't. Sorry, but this is a very minor thing you're complaining about, and you're now essentially trying to blackmail the staff here in order to make this change that you want which no one else cares that much about. That is incredibly conceited, and if you're going to have that attitude then maybe the Marketplace isn't the best place for you. Would it maybe affect your attitude at all if you knew that what you're asking is not actually possible without custom code changes to the IP.Downloads installation we have here?

A more mature response to this would have been to ask why it's done this way and ask if it could be changed, then let the conversation naturally flow to see if others feel the same way. If that was the case then perhaps it would be a change that could be implemented. But you've gone all "I'm taking my ball and going home!" because you have to wait a couple hours for your comments to appear. Relax.

So then don't. Sorry, but this is a very minor thing you're complaining about, and you're now essentially trying to blackmail the staff here in order to make this change that you want which no one else cares that much about. That is incredibly conceited, and if you're going to have that attitude then maybe the Marketplace isn't the best place for you. Would it maybe affect your attitude at all if you knew that what you're asking is not actually possible without custom code changes to the IP.Downloads installation we have here?

A more mature response to this would have been to ask why it's done this way and ask if it could be changed, then let the conversation naturally flow to see if others feel the same way. If that was the case then perhaps it would be a change that could be implemented. But you've gone all "I'm taking my ball and going home!" because you have to wait a couple hours for your comments to appear. Relax.

Minor things make huge difference. Trust may have very low value in your opinion , it may mean way more important for me.

Additionally as far as i know you are not the person to make a decision regarding IPB Company Boards so you are no way in place of mentioning like So Dont

I don't think it is a trust issue. As Mike has put it would need some changes to the code iirc for this to happen (if it did), perhaps something for a future release.

I can see what you mean though about your own comments, ie file author commenting on own file should not be subject to the queue. I'm 50/50 on the idea generally.

Presently, moderation options are applied per-group (or more specifically, per-permission mask), and there is no built-in capability to do what you are asking (that is, it is not possible to moderate comments from a group of users, but allow the comments they make on their own submissions to automatically post). This is true in all of our apps, not just IP.Downloads (i.e. if your posts require approval, posting to a topic you started does not bypass this requirement).

I apologize for any frustration - what you are asking for is not technically possible within the current software out of the box.

It would be nice if extra groups were created and these could not have moderation in some forums / apps. Maybe done on post count or assigned to that group when a contributor. I accept that there will always be one or two who will abuse that right, but for the majority it would be beneficial.

Presently, moderation options are applied per-group (or more specifically, per-permission mask), and there is no built-in capability to do what you are asking (that is, it is not possible to moderate comments from a group of users, but allow the comments they make on their own submissions to automatically post). This is true in all of our apps, not just IP.Downloads (i.e. if your posts require approval, posting to a topic you started does not bypass this requirement).

I apologize for any frustration - what you are asking for is not technically possible within the current software out of the box.

Maybe this needs to be noted on 4.0 Development :)

I had a pretty busy and stressed day , i have to apologize from everyone if i was rude.

Archived