Possible Improvement on Downloads Page

GreenLinks

Hello ,

Right now in order to download any IPB package , we are required to follow many clicks. We also can't directly download files via wget to our servers. Is there any way that you can implement allowing wget usage so that we can fasten downloading IPB packages ?

You can already do that.

EDIT: On a sort of unrelated note; Why show the first "list" of categories when there's only one? "IP.Board and <somethingsomething>". Just go straight to the list of files.

That link is not functional anymore. I tried both on my mac and 2 different test server and in no case secure_hash can be found within the downloaded file. Though thanks for supplying the link.

That link is not functional anymore. I tried both on my mac and 2 different test server and in no case secure_hash can be found within the downloaded file. Though thanks for supplying the link.

You'll get it if you attempt to reach an error page. Looks like they override the IPB wrapper on the homepage now, and /clients/ isn't returning anything, but skipping straight to the download link does.

curl "http://www.invisionpower.com/clients/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=download&do=do_download&id=22"

You'll get it if you attempt to reach an error page. Looks like they override the IPB wrapper on the homepage now, and /clients/ isn't returning anything, but skipping straight to the download link does.

curl "http://www.invisionpower.com/clients/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=download&do=do_download&id=22"

this works for board and calendar.

this does not work for any other IPS application listed, i get a 23kb corrupted zip file. File 'ID' is correct, direct url works, just won't spit the whole thing into the zip.

Archived