No More Posts Per Day?

Rimi

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see if there is a way to get this back. Someone in my community was just asking me about this. They are trying their best to post more and they were using that to gauge how much they were posting.

Or could this be turned into a hook/mod?

hrmmm.... just my 2 cents, but I feel it is tending towards valuing the post content more than just the post... hence more emphasis on highly repped/liked posts... shrug.
Seems sensible to me.... and as stated, these are hook-able.... ambivalent on this one either way... posting 5 posts a day of offal<1 quality post a week in my eyes.
As was just stated above... it really encourages posting.... of any kind, be it useful or not.. dunno.
Does seem not immediately showing that there is a move towards a certain separation though :whistle:
That is one of those bits that when you disable forums sticks out like a sore thumb.

I've never seen a user make lots of spammy posts just to get that number a little higher. It's just a fun statistic. Maybe I'll make a suggestion to that guy who has the statistics hook for profiles.

Well in my case the user who asked was someone who was posting valuable information. But this one was thing that pushed him to keep posting and checking up on the website to see what he could give back. It wasn't just a "oh cool story", he would actually sit and take the time to think about every post.

Personally I myself liked this feature, just because it would be nice to see how much I post a day on average.

I do agree with you though marcher that it could cause non valuable posts, but I think overall the people (on my board at least) enjoy it for a good reason.

Archived