Does invision works with XtraDB ?

But 3.2 needs a lot more resources :(

I am already fighting to keep my sql down :)

Can anyone please post here server load with more than 500 users online ?

Server configuration also cpu/ram and what technologies like xcache you are using?

Thank you

Okay,

Let me just say something. I see your username posting on cPanel and various webmaster sites all around.It seems to be every month or so. Just look down this forum. Its littered with your username constantly asking for the most random suggestions. Its always asking for opinions for high load sites for 2.3. Let me break some things down.

• 2.3? Anyone still running anything below 2.3 probably doesn't traffic this forum frequently. Their forum(s) work with what their doing and they have no need to look here.
  • Hire a server admin. If you have 500 users online concurrently and don't make profit then you have a problem. I'm sure you can afford to hire someone to find the best setup for you.
  • All this random stuff? Xtra DB? 15 cache systems on top of each other? The more you tweak and mess with your server the more its not going to work.
  • 3.2? More resources? Its also 10x powerful-er than 2.3.

Sharing all these config options is useless, they would be only good for guidelines. Unless you happen to have the EXACT same model/ram/cpu sizes of the person helping.
  • Hire someone please. Not everyone is a master and you can know that you'll be setup perfectly. Stop trying to use these mysql drivers that IPB wasn't designed for. mySQL scales well otherwise it wouldn't be used as much as it is today.

I don't know exactly as i am not expert on sql i just post what they told me all 5 sys admins.

We all like better invision but the only think that invision must improve is sql quiries and in general the handling of very big forums...

Thank you

Well if thats true, it doesn't matter what you change to. Its not gonna help. Problems must be fixed. You can put a band-aide on a huge wound, but that just prolongs the need for stitches. It doesn't stop the problem.

We need to know about those queries so indexs or changes can be made.

EDIT: Your on 2.3. lol. Nevermind, most of those queries I guarantee have been fixed. Your using 2.3.x because you claim it uses less resources, but its also less efficient then 3.x.

True :)

I am thinking with the new version of invision with super archive system to move on :)

But i need to find two mods that i do not know if they exist.

1)Affiliates system
2)News and Anouncments

If you have any info for them let me know :)

Thank you

1) Links Directory can do that.

2) Thats in 3.x
Simply choose a forum as the "news" forum, then a link on the board index shows latest news story.

http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/4752-links-directory/

I don't know what system your coming from, but if you pay a bit extra. I'm sure Brandon *might* create a convertor

But 3.2 needs a lot more resources :sad:

I am already fighting to keep my sql down :smile:

Can anyone please post here server load with more than 500 users online ?

Server configuration also cpu/ram and what technologies like xcache you are using?

Thank you

5500 users online in 60 minutes

load average: 2.70, 2.78, 2.61
(running at about 16% load currently)
Dual Xeon 5620's (8 cores 8 threads for 16 total)
Apache as CLI
12GB RAM
SAS 15K RAID10
X-Cache

Archived