Download: (WOODEN) IP.Content Portal Page

JohnBlog

I can make it that it is only viewable by logged in users for you.

Do you mean you would tweak the release/download for me after I buy it, or just follow your own instructions so to speak (which I could do on my own)? Either way, thanks for the feedback.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that looks good, EA!

PSNation, I totally appreciate the offer, but would rather you doc instructions with the release, eitherway I will chime in again when they release 3.2.x. I have issues that need to be resolved and other mods/apps to update before I get this. Thanks

Just got alerted of a problem with the 1 x 2 article layout

I will re-upload the file tonight with the correct configuration for it. For anyone needing it now here is the quick fix

Go into the article template for the 1 x 2 layout and change this:

<div class='ipsBox <if test="$k % 2">left<else />right</if>' style='width: 48%'>[/CODE]

To

[CODE]<div class='ipsBox <if test="$k % 2">left<else />right</if>' style='width: 47%'>

Very very tempted to buy this one, but at the moment we feed our current portal via feed blocks to give this:

http://www.smartphon...page/index.html

As you can see we use full size images within each column and link back to the post. This is because the article system as a default does not want to include images properly and if we try and promote any article we get a IP.SEO error.

The question is I guess how easy would it be to use your system to duplicate the above and use feeds as input for it?

Oh if I did give your system a go I assume that one could use it in test only until any glitches were fixed?

So, I have a question..

If I buy this, can I configure it to pull news from specified sections and post it on the front page just like the portal without needing to manually promote to an article? I am also looking for for something a bit more stylish than the vanilla portal without spending an arm and a leg.

Yes the news is very easy to do

Send me a PM of what you were thinking

What about styling it like the portal? I noticed blocks don't have styling or formatting, such as colored usernames on the online list. Also would look better if the Latest Topics, Recent Blog Entries, Latest Downloads were styled like they are on the board index. I noticed there is no block available for Latest Posts, styled like I had with the portal, similar to the style of the Latest Topics block on the board index..

Just bought this package but find the instructions lacking ..

It says i should open the file called "PAGE CODE", but in fact i got two files called this in the package:
PAGE CODE - Articles Feed.txt
PAGE CODE - Posts Feed.txt

Which one are we talking about?

And it says i should go into IP.Content, create a page and paste the code from the file inside.

Where in IP.Content do i create a page, in the public view or in the ACP of IP.Content?
When i choose what i believe to be a new page in the ACP i first get a lot of options and nowhere to put the code?

I know there´s an offer to let the maker install it for me but since i bought this to learn more about how to use IP.Content that would be a waste .. and all other user here seem to praise on how much they learned ... is it possible to get better instructions?

Just bought this package but find the instructions lacking ..

It says i should open the file called "PAGE CODE", but in fact i got two files called this in the package:

PAGE CODE - Articles Feed.txt

PAGE CODE - Posts Feed.txt

Which one are we talking about?

And it says i should go into IP.Content, create a page and paste the code from the file inside.

Where in IP.Content do i create a page, in the public view or in the ACP of IP.Content?

When i choose what i believe to be a new page in the ACP i first get a lot of options and nowhere to put the code?

I know there´s an offer to let the maker install it for me but since i bought this to learn more about how to use IP.Content that would be a waste .. and all other user here seem to praise on how much they learned ... is it possible to get better instructions?

1. There are two pages code. One if you wish to display articles as your main feed and one if you wish to use topics as your main feed

2. You create the pages in the admin control panel side. You just create it an fill in the simple name and link to the page then in the template tab paste in the code

Hi I have purchase this mod but have a problems :

on Blocks

• Latest Posts
  • Latest Topics

displays for all members including posts and topics that could not see ..... why not consider the data permits...

I do not want the members or visitors can for example read the posts visible only to admins

Regards

Archived