Can we have a "customer" or "inactive customer" title?

Ikadon

Hello everyone!

Currently I'm spending all my money for a new life, I'm going to university again, need to pay a new apartment etc.

My future projects are being worked on offline with a local server. That reason for I'm currently no "active customer", although I am a legal customer who bough IP.Board, IP.Blog and IP.Content (and will probably buy IP.Gallery and Nexus for the new project, as soon as possible)

Well, now it seems like I'm "only" a member... that's not a shame, but I was accused being "illegal" three times this week.
Could we please have a title/group that says we are legal customers, just not "active" at the moment? I don't want anything else, so I'm okay with not having access to certain forums and support, but please add it for the sake of diversity between "illegal" and "not active customers".

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Ikadon

I imagine it would be not as easy to implement as it sounds to do, given the way the group access for each product is added (this is why you can access certain add-on subforums depending on if said add-on has active support or not)

Hmm, I don't know if it's easy, still I would love it. What about a simple statement like "If member X has already bought ANY of our apps, then customer" and "if customer is active -> active customer"

Its done with multiple groups though to apply permissions for addon's, its not as straightforward to implement your idea as it sounds :)

This is really really harder to implement than you guys may realize. While I can appreciate your reasoning for this, nobody should be gauging whether you are a current or past customer based on your member group on these forums. Yes, if it says "Active Customer" that means you have at least one license that is currently active with us. The "Member" group, however, is not as cut and dry, and we have never encouraged anyone to determine if you are a customer (past or present) based on your group membership on these forums.

Archived