Download: Fusion Menu

Mat Barrie

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, here's how you fix this issue.

In the template: globalTemplate under the Global Templates category.

Search for and delete:

<script type=&#39;text/javascript&#39;>

if( $(&#39;primary_nav&#39;) ){ ipb.global.activateMainMenu(); }

</script>

Now, the big question is: What did this script do in the first place? Does removing it break something else? I would guess there's a setting somewhere (for something, could be anything) and this code is triggered, and when it's active, it conflicts with Fusion.

So far, on my board, nothing else is broke, but we'll see. I found this searching for a way to override the javascript login popup that my users hate because it won't store their passwords. Invision insists it isn't a bug, but a feature. Yeah, that popup. :smile:

I think it controls the overflow 'more>' function.

Fusion still hasn't addressed this issue, at least on 3.2.1. I haven't upgraded to 3.2.2. The stock fusion menu probably still conflicts with Safari and Chrome, and maybe a few other lesser known browsers.

How long as it been since this was reported? I posted in on their own forums the same day. My trouble ticket went unanswered. Fusion should take down the trouble ticket system--no one responds to the tickets.

If I hadn't found this work around, I would have switched to some other menu external of IPBoard. A friend started using the jsDOMenuBar javascript menu because Fusion was conflicting with something else he was running.

Fusion still hasn't addressed this issue, at least on 3.2.1. I haven't upgraded to 3.2.2. The stock fusion menu probably still conflicts with Safari and Chrome, and maybe a few other lesser known browsers.

How long as it been since this was reported? I posted in on their own forums the same day. My trouble ticket went unanswered. Fusion should take down the trouble ticket system--no one responds to the tickets.

If I hadn't found this work around, I would have switched to some other menu external of IPBoard. A friend started using the jsDOMenuBar javascript menu because Fusion was conflicting with something else he was running.

heres the problem... that "more" dropdown is in the base templates, OUTSIDE the main app foreach loop.
i happen to KNOW his ovverride is blanking that loop... there is nothing for him to hook INTO to remove that, and as its in all skins that choose to keep it, im fairly certain theres not much he can do about it except advise above fix.... and bug IPS to add a hook point for that menu.

hmm, I love this mod but I have a huge error log that keeps growing..

PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of globalPrimaryNavEraser::globalTemplate() should be compatible with that of skin_global_1::globalTemplate() in ***/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3400) : eval()'d code on line 20

PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of ipSeoMeta::globalTemplate() should be compatible with that of boardIndexFusionMenu::globalTemplate() in ***/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3400) : eval()'d code on line 97

Any ideas what could be causing this???

I would like to have the menu image on the right of the menu items eg forums (image) rather than (image) forums. It would be useful as I want to add a dropdown arrow image which would look better on the right hand side of the wording.

Any clues where to edit

in ACP, go look and feel > manage skin set and templates > "your skin" > skin_fusionmenu

see next post, code button is inserting extra things it shouldn't, mhm

heres the problem... that "more" dropdown is in the base templates, OUTSIDE the main app foreach loop.

i happen to KNOW his ovverride is blanking that loop... there is nothing for him to hook INTO to remove that, and as its in all skins that choose to keep it, im fairly certain theres not much he can do about it except advise above fix.... and bug IPS to add a hook point for that menu.

I've gotten better support from you than I have Fusion. Thank you for that explanation. So did my fix "break" anything else in IPBoard?

Ok, here's how you fix this issue.

In the template: globalTemplate under the Global Templates category.

Search for and delete:

<script type='text/javascript'>

if( $('primary_nav') ){ ipb.global.activateMainMenu(); }

</script>

Now, the big question is: What did this script do in the first place? Does removing it break something else? I would guess there's a setting somewhere (for something, could be anything) and this code is triggered, and when it's active, it conflicts with Fusion.

So far, on my board, nothing else is broke, but we'll see. I found this searching for a way to override the javascript login popup that my users hate because it won't store their passwords. Invision insists it isn't a bug, but a feature. Yeah, that popup. %7Boption%7D

Yes, it did fix the problem in chrome

Hey i installed your plugin on my forum, but when i enable: Enable Primary Navigation Management then my whole forum goes blank.

Do you know how to fix it? Maybe its my hosting or the skin but i have no idea what causes it.

Try it on the default skin - this mod works fine on two of sites.

Archived