Download: Fusion Menu

Mat Barrie

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted on your support site Mat and sent you PM and after a week, I have still heard nothing. Luckily I managed to get it working myself. but I think a week is a bit long especially when you ask us to use your website for support.

He seems to have vanished from his website.

Bug on Safari browser 5.0.5

Primary navigation items expand to the right when navigation subitem are being added. This occurs using the safari browser 5.0.5 on OSX 10.6.8

%7Boption%7D

I'm having this problem on my site when viewed from Google Chrome. I've filed a support ticket and posted on the Fusion forums, and have heard nothing. I guess I've been spoiled by how good IPBoard support is.

The problem arises when submenu items are longer than the parent menu item. I tried uninstalling Fusion and reinstalling it. Not all installations of the latest Fusion have this issue, though. The fact that multiple people do means its something that needs to be addressed.

This is what my site looks like through Chrome (and possibly Safari, not sure, don't have access to that browser):

Can you guys (Fusion) either address this issue directly or give us some sort of response?

Still looking into that one - the Chrome issue you describe is the same as the Safari issue so it is a priority to fix as it affects lots of people. The "doesn't affect every installation" bit makes me think it's a conflict with another aspect of your skin - which I'm trying to identify. There will be another update shortly to resolve this issue.

Cool, thanks for the info. Let me share with you some info.

Google Chrome lets you right click on any item, and click "inspect element". If you right click a parent menu item (one that is not formatted right), look at the padding. One of the numbers says 15px. If you delete that 15px and write another 15px in its place, the problem is resolved! Until you refresh the page, of course. That makes no sense to me--overwritting 15 with another 15, but it does correct the display in Chrome. Maybe this means the 15 in that part of the CSS is being overridden elsewhere in the skin.

I upgraded IPBoard to 3.2.1 from 3.1.4. As soon as the upgrade finished, I loaded the board and noticed the issue. At that point, the default skin was totally stock. I then disabled all hooks and the problem remained.

My friend also uses Fusion and he upgraded his board. But he kept the 3.1.4 skin and he has no issues with Fusion. This may just be a coincidence, but thought I'd share it with you.

The Google Inspect Element resolution is your strongest clue as to what's causing this problem, I believe.

Ok, here's how you fix this issue.

In the template: globalTemplate under the Global Templates category.

Search for and delete:

<script type='text/javascript'>

if( $('primary_nav') ){ ipb.global.activateMainMenu(); }

</script>

Now, the big question is: What did this script do in the first place? Does removing it break something else? I would guess there's a setting somewhere (for something, could be anything) and this code is triggered, and when it's active, it conflicts with Fusion.

So far, on my board, nothing else is broke, but we'll see. I found this searching for a way to override the javascript login popup that my users hate because it won't store their passwords. Invision insists it isn't a bug, but a feature. Yeah, that popup. %7Boption%7D

I added a link to my Manage Primary Navigation and its currently in the middle off my nav bar, I want it to be possitioned to the right at the end. I tried changing

<li id="nav_{$menuitem['display_id']}" class="left <if

to

<li id="nav_{$menuitem['display_id']}" class="right <if

but can't see the links within that menu, the dropdown menu also position properly, see screenshot.

post-168862-0-07430800-1314012123_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

If me I need to change the background for the sub menu where I can change it and can I add icon for the sub menu also ?

You can add an icon URL in the same screen that you use to add the sub menu item.

ACP > Look and feel > [skin set] > fusion menu.css > #primary_navigation .main_menu, #primary_nav .main_menu { ...background: #?????? !important;... }

Yes tried that but still the same :sad:

Are you sure you uploaded all the new files?
If so you should be able to go to ACP -> Look & Feel -> Template Tools and Rebuild Master Skin Data. Check the Rebuild CSS box and the Fusion Menu box and run.
Best to re-cache everything afterwords.
  • 2 weeks later...

hmm, I love this mod but I have a huge error log that keeps growing..

PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of globalPrimaryNavEraser::globalTemplate() should be compatible with that of skin_global_1::globalTemplate() in ***/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3400) : eval()'d code on line 20
PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of ipSeoMeta::globalTemplate() should be compatible with that of boardIndexFusionMenu::globalTemplate() in ***/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3400) : eval()'d code on line 97

I have no idea what this means. Are ipSEO & FusionMenu not compatible or is it saying something entirely different?

hmm, I love this mod but I have a huge error log that keeps growing..

PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of globalPrimaryNavEraser::globalTemplate() should be compatible with that of skin_global_1::globalTemplate() in ***/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3400) : eval()'d code on line 20

PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of ipSeoMeta::globalTemplate() should be compatible with that of boardIndexFusionMenu::globalTemplate() in ***/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3400) : eval()'d code on line 97

ermmmm im getting the same

Archived