Attachments - Why does the "Click to attach files" button need pressing twice

3DKiwi

As the title says why does the "Click to attach files" button need pressing twice to do anything? I've noticed this occurs here and at my site where we both allow the Flash file uploader to be used. Pressing it once in most cases does nothing except you get a message saying "Transferring data from yoursite.com" on the bottom status bar and nothing ever happens. You have to press a second time to bring up the file manager.

Anyone else notice this? Bug perhaps?

I'm using Windows 7 and Firefox 3.6.

Thanks
3DKiwi

As the title says why does the "Click to attach files" button need pressing twice to do anything? I've noticed this occurs here and at my site where we both allow the Flash file uploader to be used. Pressing it once in most cases does nothing except you get a message saying "Transferring data from yoursite.com" on the bottom status bar and nothing ever happens. You have to press a second time to bring up the file manager.

Anyone else notice this? Bug perhaps?

I'm using Windows 7 and Firefox 3.6.

Thanks

3DKiwi

I guess it's your operating system, doesn't happen for me (using Firefox). :rolleyes:

Yes, this is a flash limitation due to security restrictions they imposed a year or two ago. I think most browsers have since "worked around" the limitations to some extent, but it's not something we can much about programatically last I knew.

Archived