Allow HTML

Breaking Legs

I want to allow html in signatures and in posts to a custom group (donators)

When i use admin search for HTML in sigs etc, it gives me this option

Allow HTML in "About Me"?

This is NOT recommended unless you trust all your members who can edit their profiles.

In Group: User Profiles

YesNo

Allow HTML in signatures?

This is NOT recommended unless you trust all your members who can add a signature.

In Group: User Profiles

How can I set this that it only allows it in my DONATORS group? and no other?

• 2 weeks later...

They would be able to embed HTML into your site, opening XSS security holes, and potentially allowing them access to areas they should not have (i.e. moderator tools, the ACP, etc.).

Is that if the had rights to post html in both sigs and posts the would be able to do this?

Or just posts.

• 3 years later...

This topic is 4 years old, FYI.

But the answer is still relevant.

The chances depend on who you allow to post HTML.

If it's a highly trusted group of people you personally know, likely very little chance.

If you let all members post HTML, that's really asking for trouble. We recommend not allowing it at all or, at least, tightly restricting it.

Allowing users to post arbitrary HTML greatly opens your site up to security holes. We strongly recommend against it.

If your concern is video sharing sites you can create custom "media" codes in the ACP so that other services are supported by the software, just like the built in default ones (daily motion, youtube, etc.).

If your concern is video sharing sites you can create custom "media" codes in the ACP so that other services are supported by the software, just like the built in default ones (daily motion, youtube, etc.).

Are there any tutorials on how to do that? Other than the default YouTube and Vimeo ones, the only free hook I could find was for Metacafe, but Metaface is pretty much a dead website (it doesn't even allow free users to upload videos anymore). There are so many video and audio sharing sites out there for which IPB doesn't have custom media codes. :ermm:

• 2 months later...

Are there any tutorials on how to do that? Other than the default YouTube and Vimeo ones, the only free hook I could find was for Metacafe, but Metaface is pretty much a dead website (it doesn't even allow free users to upload videos anymore). There are so many video and audio sharing sites out there for which IPB doesn't have custom media codes. :ermm:

I don't have an IPS board installed currently but if you can send me a picture of the media codes ACP section I would be able to tell you how to do it. Make sure to include all of the fields on the form.

Archived