Problem with our invision power

Hello

We have some problem with our invisionpower forum and hosting where it is allocated. The error is:

Hello,

The Shared Server that you are on (dizzy) has been experiencing some stability

issues. Upon investigation it appears that your account was using a large

amount of resources in regards to both MySQL and Apache.

You may wish to evaluate the code that is being used on your site as I noticed

there was several long running MySQL queries that were not completing

successfully that may have been causing the issue.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

-------------------------------

Travis Zajkowski

System Administrator

Liquid Web, Inc.

www.liquidweb.com

https://www.liquidweb.com/PIMS/

800-580-4985 TollFree

517-322-0493 Fax

-------------------------------

In this moment the server suspended our hosting

You can see in:

http://www.emulespana.net/

and we would like how to find a solution, please.

P.D.: I'm webmaster of PHPBB3 in other site, and it's my first time with invisionpower forum. The older webmaster is lift and the staff ask me to be new webmaster. I have not experience in Invisionpower, but I saw that it's similar, invisionpower more complet and complex

Thank you in advance

We are clients, just now hosting is opened, but we

The forum when it loads causes load issues as one of the MySQL queries never completes.

The operator of the hosting told us: there are a possibility that our Invisionpower forum have an error of code. Can the technic suppord make any solution?

Do you have any mods installed?

The product is run at over 1000s of websites, 1000s of which use shared hosting and they do not have this problem. Which means 2 things, your hosting sucks or that a mod is installed that is eating resources.

It's not a mod. We have an original forum. We think that there are possibility of one hack attack. The same day, we baned to one member

Could be you being overrun by search engines. If you have a modestly active forum you'll likely have quite a few guests. Most are search engines frantically indexing your site and this places a load on your server. If you're on shared hosting I'm not surprised your host is jumping up and down. Check out the posts here about editing robots.txt and your Google Webmaster account to slow down indexing of your site / forum.

3DKiwi

Can your host give you the list of PHP Processes (e.g what scripts) are supposedly killing resources? As 3DKiwi said if your not running a mod intensive board than unless you have very high active user counts (or poorly configured PHP/MySQL) there shouldn't be to much of an issue with IPB 3 eating up resources

The forum was closed friday to evitate problems. There are minimal activity (Only websmasters), on the morning the forum fell because the code can't comunicate mySQL query. We spoke with hosting operators and they told us hosting have not any problem. The problem is between Invisionpower forum code and MySQL query. (Too much activity). Mainly the forum has been working OK until 2 months in the new hosting and we didn't make any change. We found the older webmaster sended a massive e-mail and it was stoped and neutralized. We thought that it could be the cause, but the problem continues. The message of error is:

www.emulespana.net Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

The forum was closed friday to evitate problems. There are minimal activity (Only websmasters), on the morning the forum fell because the code can't comunicate mySQL query. We spoke with hosting operators and they told us hosting have not any problem. The problem is between Invisionpower forum code and MySQL query. (Too much activity). Mainly the forum has been working OK until 2 months in the new hosting and we didn't make any change. We found the older webmaster sended a massive e-mail and it was stoped and neutralized. We thought that it could be the cause, but the problem continues. The message of error is:

www.emulespana.net Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

That's a generic page.. TO see the error you have to get files from /cache/ the files are "sql_error_log_MM_DD_YY.cgi" replacing MM with the month, DD with the Day and YY with the year respectively.

It will have something like this in it

===================================================

Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 03:12:49 +0000

Error Number: 2002

Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

IP Address: 66.249.68.86

Page: /index.php?/user/119-meshuga/page__f__1663

Debug: array (

1 =>

array (

'file' => '/home/......./public_html/forums/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php',

'line' => 2263,

'function' => 'connect',

'class' => 'db_driver_mysql',

),

If you can post this, it should say something..

It's likely you got hit with a high level of indexing bots (google, bing etc) and it pushed it a bit to hard.. How ever, unless you've highly modified things the MySQL Connectors in IPB 2.3.6 & 3.0.5 are fine and don't really have "issues" unless there's back end issues (MySQL being poorly configured and causing it to hang, or theres an actual problem with the database)

I *would* suggest doing a back up and copying it locally to ensure you don't lose data in case your host goes down with an Axe on your data

Is it related to the loading issues that seem to be plaguing certain 3.05 versions? I have msql lockups on my more powerful server caused by what seems to be tens of connections like this

93-3 - 0/0/81 . 0.01 42631 0 0.0 0.00 0.33 127.0.0.1 vps.webhosting.uk.com OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0
94-3 - 0/0/138 . 0.01 42647 0 0.0 0.00 0.35 127.0.0.1 vps.webhosting.uk.com OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0
95-3 - 0/0/75 . 0.01 42627 0 0.0 0.00 0.12 127.0.0.1 vps.webhosting.uk.com OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0
96-3 - 0/0/91 . 0.03 42591 0 0.0 0.00 0.23 127.0.0.1 vps.webhosting.uk.com OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0
97-3 - 0/0/99 . 0.27 42555 0 0.0 0.00 0.16 127.0.0.1 vps.webhosting.uk.com OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0
98-3 - 0/0/51 . 0.12 42590 0 0.0 0.00 0.09 127.0.0.1 vps.webhosting.uk.com OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0

Is it related to the loading issues that seem to be plaguing certain 3.05 versions? I have msql lockups on my more powerful server caused by what seems to be tens of connections like this

93-3 - 0/0/81 . 0.01 42631 0 0.0 0.00 0.33 127.0.0.1 vps.webhosting.uk.com OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0

94-3 - 0/0/138 . 0.01 42647 0 0.0 0.00 0.35 127.0.0.1 vps.webhosting.uk.com OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0

95-3 - 0/0/75 . 0.01 42627 0 0.0 0.00 0.12 127.0.0.1 vps.webhosting.uk.com OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0

96-3 - 0/0/91 . 0.03 42591 0 0.0 0.00 0.23 127.0.0.1 vps.webhosting.uk.com OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0

97-3 - 0/0/99 . 0.27 42555 0 0.0 0.00 0.16 127.0.0.1 vps.webhosting.uk.com OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0

98-3 - 0/0/51 . 0.12 42590 0 0.0 0.00 0.09 127.0.0.1 vps.webhosting.uk.com OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0

That's not IP.Board, that's Apache. See the following from ApacheWiki:

Requests From the Server to Itself

When the Apache HTTP Server manages its child processes, it needs a way to wake up processes that are listening for new connections. To do this, it sends a simple HTTP request back to itself. This request will appear in the access_log file with the remote address set to the loop-back interface (typically 127.0.0.1 or ::1 if IPv6 is configured). If you log the User-Agent string (as in the combined log format), you will see the server signature followed by "(internal dummy connection)" on non-SSL servers. During certain periods you may see up to one such request for each httpd child process.

These requests are perfectly normal and you do not, in general, need to worry about them. They can simply be ignored.

If you wish to exclude them from your log, you can use normal conditional-logging techniques. For example, to omit all requests from the loopback interface from your logs, you can use

SetEnvIf Remote_Addr "127.0.0.1" loopback

and then add env=!loopback to the end of your CustomLog directive.

In 2.2.6 and earlier, in certain configurations, these requests may hit a heavy-weight dynamic web page and cause unnecessary load on the server. You can avoid this by using mod_rewrite to respond with a redirect when accessed with that specific User-Agent or IP address.

• 1 month later...

Archived