Post Image resize option in ACP

OurVQ.com

How come there is no option to resize an uploaded image on a post?

It comes in handy since people are uploading huge image files...

OK, I think that having a feature that resizes the ORIGINAL image would be a very good idea.

It would save space, bandwidth on the server.

Also, when users upload large images and using lightbox to display it is very awkward to see the image...

There are no options to re-size the image. The image is uploaded AS IS... Without re-sizing. In the Gallery settings you have the option to set a max width, but not for the attached post images.

What I want is to set a max width and when an image is attached, if its width is larger than the max width than the image is resized... Just like when you add images to the gallery.

Myself and other have been asking for better image attachment options for when members upload images too big. So far it seems to have fallen on deaf ears with IPS. I want similar image attachment options to what the gallery has to prevent members uploading huge images as wastes everyone's bandwidth and not everyone has HD res monitors.

3DKiwi

Myself and other have been asking for better image attachment options for when members upload images too big. So far it seems to have fallen on deaf ears with IPS. I want similar image attachment options to what the gallery has to prevent members uploading huge images as wastes everyone's bandwidth and not everyone has HD res monitors.

3DKiwi

That is exactly my point. It should not be so hard to include this option.

• 1 month later...

I just want my images that are used with the IMG tag to open in a new window like the 2.x versions, and not expanding the skin.

So there is no way to have images in posts appear in a new window such as a lightbox? I agree that expanding it into the skin does not look good at all. Has anyone found a way around it?

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this might help?

I have something similar install on my vB site. It's a plugin called "nCode Image Resizer" [Example thread: http://www.cyclechat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58234]

I'm not sure how it works from a technical standpoint, but on my site the full image is downloaded and then squashed to the dimensions you specify. Members can click on the notice bar to expand the image if they wish.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Archived