24/7 Support Needed

Justin White

[quote name='Justin White' date='01 December 2009 - 01:22 PM' timestamp='1259634144' post='1883794']
The only problem I've had with the service so far is the support. I have a ticket that needs to be dealt with immediately but you guys don't open until 9AM.

If its an emergency that is causing your site not to work, you should have checked the urgent box when creating the ticket, which will speed up a support respsonse to you.

[quote name='Jaggi' date='08 December 2009 - 12:53 AM' timestamp='1260190439' post='1885691']
i think for an extra fee you can get business support service which give you 24/7 web/phone support.

That extra fee is an additional 100% Jaggi. Not something to scoff at.

However if the OP is making money off their forum, and losing money when it's down, they should seriously consider it.

Even the Business license does not offer the level of support the OP is requesting.
Tickets business license holders are highlighted for us, they get phone support, and we guarantee them a shorter response time - but we have never offered 24/7 support - the ticket system is constantly staffed, but you're ticket is not always first in the queue (there are times when we have no tickets, it fluctuates very much depending on the time of day, and the day of the week).

Although, in this particular case, the OP posted that the issue was resolved just over 2 hours after posting the topic, and it was 2.30am, so it would seem we're not doing too badly ;)

If of course, you have very particular needs and would like to discuss a custom license agreement you are welcome to contact sales :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management

[quote name='svit' date='23 December 2009 - 10:19 AM' timestamp='1261581572' post='1891398']
We would also expect more prompt response to our tickets, one of them is open for 4 days now without a response, another one for 1 day, we have purchased licenses for the products - I think this is a space for an improvement.

I'm rather curious about this statement. In reviewing your account history, it appears nearly all of your tickets are answered within a matter of a few hours. Some within a matter of minutes. The only one I've found that's been open for a lengthy amount of time was your upgrade request, which was initially answered within an hour. We didn't have the necessary FTP information, thus there was a slight delay in that. We then, as a courtesy, worked with you to transfer language packs from other forums (something not typically within the scope of our support service) and resolved character set issues. I feel we've been quite accommodating, hence my confusion with this post. It's quite possible that you're referring to another ticket that I've overlooked, in which case, I do apologize. Naturally, we're not perfect and issues do occasionally fall through the cracks. On the whole, we strive for prompt, efficient service. With scheduling, this works out to be almost 24/7 -- we've recently ramped up basic weekend support.

There's always room for improvement -- I simply want to ensure we're on the same page. :)

Luke: No, it does not.

[quote name='Lindy' date='26 December 2009 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1261856840' post='1892224']We then, as a courtesy, worked with you to transfer language packs from other forums (something not typically within the scope of our support service) and resolved character set issues.

Lindy,

I am glad you tried to learn more about our case, at the same time I consider my statements to be precise. We have been your customers for quite some time now, and yes, the support is generally very prompt and satisfactory. However with our 2 packages we have purchased lately we are facing problems, which we have not caused, which are making our web presentation unusable and which have not been resolved since our first request on 12 December. If you check today again our reminder-tickets are open for 4 days. Believe me I don't feel good as a customer and an administrator waiting every day on your support ticket status change and having it for 4 days open, knowing our presentations are down and our readers can't use them during this xmas time.

Our problem is very easy to describe. We have 3 installations of IPB package total.. The first one we installed without problems, we have manually translated it to our Czech language and we are very happy about it. The problem of the other two is, that we cannot import the Czech language set we made by any ways to them and as such the presentation looks Chinese. (some encoding problem) We have purchased the product, the product was supposed to be able to import language sets but it does not.

Your technicians are willing to help, they come, try what they can, when it doesn't work they leave, we are waiting and after 3 days send a reminder, the scenario repeats and now we are waiting for another 4 days. Maybe for you it is some marginal problem that you consider not falling into your scope of work, but for me it is an essential function of the board which - if not working - would not enable me to purchase the packages because for us (and I assume for any other customer) it would be unrealistic to manually translate all the language sets of all the modules being upgraded in future times number of our presentations.

I was PMessaging with Brandon (who was very helpful), hoping he'd be able to push things but as I noticed your post I am responding to you in public. Your statement

[quote name='Lindy' date='26 December 2009 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1261856840' post='1892224']We then, as a courtesy... resolved character set issues.

Is unfortunately not correct.

Let me please assure you that we are generally very satisfied with your products, they are giving us great comfort administering our presentations, offering great functionality and we are planning to purchase another two more community packages, I believe and wish this case is somehow an isolated one and we all can take it as a lesson learnt.

• Management

I do understand your frustration. We will most definitely work this out for you - I just want to clarify that some issues can't be resolved with a single tech in a single sitting. It does appear that your issues are outside of the norm and require advanced tech assistance and perhaps developer help. Unfortunately, those types of issues do take a bit longer to resolve.

As said, we'll do our best to get them resolved as quickly as we can. Thank you for your patience.

[quote name='Luke' date='26 December 2009 - 05:37 PM' timestamp='1261849074' post='1892178']
What happens when the customer replies to the ticket? Does the weight of sorting change at all?

[quote name='Lindy' date='26 December 2009 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1261856840' post='1892224']
Luke: No, it does not.

you lot need to install nexus, it's ticketing system had weighting :P.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Lindy' date='28 December 2009 - 04:20 PM' timestamp='1262017224' post='1892751']
As said, we'll do our best to get them resolved as quickly as we can. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you, our issue has been resolved to our satisfaction.

Archived